Masks

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper is the grue on the one piece mask. Sounded GREAT...I tried and it was even better than GREAT. However it is just one more thing to look after and where does one put it when in shallow water? The original Tribord has a much better rating than the knock-offs. It is easy to breath in, good front view and almost side-view mirrors. When you get deep enough, like over mustache depth, it is very hard to hold your place in the ocean and dig. And forget about even shallow dive. Your grab for a target "pushes" you up and away as the full face mask is filled with air and is very buoyant. It is a wonderful mask, better than the snorkel and eye / nose mask and each has its own special place for use. You will never know how it works for you unless you try it. I did and I enjoy using it even when not detecting.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great review WW! I looked at the Tribord, and it's pretty pricey compared to others. Just using the scoop in chin deep water is already a problem, I need to pick up a weight belt. The buoyancy for the Tribord would be an issue.

We have a virgin (except for our 3 times there) rocky spot where I've been thinking of snorkeling and using the Carrot for the targets. Some targets we've just had to leave behind because we just couldn't retrieve them. I felt I might be better able just using my Lesche to move the rocks. Scooping turns the water blood red from the clay mud.

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
I use the tribord and love it!! Just look at my profile picture! Couldn't be more satisfied!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one, but honestly haven't gave it enough attention yet. The times I have used it, the water was crystal clear until I touched the bottom, then it was 0% visability. I like how it fits and how easy it is to breath with nose or mouth.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Visibility will be a problem with any type of face mask. Buoyancy is the only negative point I have about the Tribord full face mask. It works great with headphones, contact lenses (NOT a hat or glasses - they break the mask to face seal).

If wearing a weight belt...a QUICK RELEASE IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!. Using one on the steep slope of some lakes I detect could mean DEATH if you can not let the weights go FAST. Same goes for a tethered scoop and detector. If your underwater staying time is about 30 seconds, that may not be enough time when you are in a panic to jettison all your weights and get back to the surface. Detect safe!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper recommend a one piece mask so I bought one. I agree it is better than GREAT, I let my son use it one day and he said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen. I had to make sure it wasn't in his car when he left

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread