Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I auto ground balance and hunt in standard mode zero...sens as high as I can without falsing, usually 6 bars of 8...its just that simple...AT Pro is a killer freshwater machine.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Pro zero, iron disc 30 and as hot as you can go.....small 5x8 coil if you have the choice! Have fun!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

Run in pro mode, 17 - 21 discrimination, iron audio ON and ground balance where I am hunting (sand, dirt, wet sand/dirt and water). I keep the sensitivity as high as possible without chatter and back talk, usually 7/8 bars. With that said, you must be willing to change settings on the fly based upon the hunting environment. Therefore, these should give you a great start, change to suite.

GL & HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys do you suggest iron audioloke the professor said?

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys do you suggest iron audioloke the professor said?

I will only use iron audio when checking a specific target. Otherwise your machine will be grunting all the time. Having it on all the time may affect the machines recovery rate....not sure. But for me, it would drive me nuts having it on all the time.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The few times I've been at freshwater lakes so far I've used custom mode which for me is everything accepted but iron, iron discrimination set to 32, sensitivity on one below max and of course ground balanced. The small 5x8 coil is great for water, less resistance and much easier to maneuver in small holes and around obstacles.

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello,

Run in pro mode, 17 - 21 discrimination, iron audio ON and ground balance where I am hunting (sand, dirt, wet sand/dirt and water). I keep the sensitivity as high as possible without chatter and back talk, usually 7/8 bars. With that said, you must be willing to change settings on the fly based upon the hunting environment. Therefore, these should give you a great start, change to suite.

GL & HH

Why the 17 - 21 discrimination ? most I have read posted is 30-35. I also am new to the pro and trying to find something that works.
Should have my NEL Sharp Shooter Tuesday and need a good starting point for freshwater lakes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions