Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted CoCo Cay and found a gold hoop earring and some clad that's about it. Be sure to have a CoCoLoCo or 3 while your there! I only hunted out in deeper water with mask and snorkel as I felt stupid walking around amongst all the cruisers up out of the water. I figured that's the easiest way to get it banned by causing other patrons to complain about "that guy with the big scoop near my family" while on vacation.

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, how many days was that?? Looks like it paid for the trip

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch gave me good advice last year, I remembered, and took it to heart...and it paid off.
Leave your Lesche home.
The scoop I had was small and short enough to fit in my Garrett digital camo duffel bag. There was no issue at all during the security checkpoints in Miami.
I did look like a tool carrying around the duffel bag, but I got used to it, as nobody really said anything. I didn't let the machine leave my sight until we were allowed into our rooms.
The tender to cococay Sat am, I was the first off the boat, which was nice...right into the water I went. Water in the lagoon will be clear early, gets cloudy after a couple hours as the masses crowd the island. The scoop will be useless in some areas of the lagoon, lots of bedrock, so a mask will help, a Propointer would help too. I spent about three hours, all in the lagoon area, but there is so much more to detect. The volleyball courts and the backside of the beach, where the pines are I didn't touch. You can expect to get about 6 or 7 hours in, with lunch and breaks that you will take.
Funny thing is, no cash on the island, all seapass credit....but damn, I found more change that day than ever in my life, all US coins.
Sunday the boat brought us to Nassau, but I left the AT Pro locked in my room, as my wife was like "really"....so, got no experience in the city limits. If you were to go to Atlantis, should be ok, but anywhere else, I'd be skeered of the locals messin with me....
As for the highlight?...a gold ring with diamonds, engraved "Rodrigo":laughing7: Being on the small side, it's now my wife's toe ring.
image.jpeg

Good luck!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, how many days was that?? Looks like it paid for the trip

5 days - 4 nights in Nassau
got in just before sun set first day
around 3-4 hrs hunting the next 3 days then couple hrs before packing on day five - which produced the ruby/dia. ring and a silver one
heard there was a bunch of guys down there the couples of weeks before I got down there

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch gave me good advice last year, I remembered, and took it to heart...and it paid off.
Leave your Lesche home.
The scoop I had was small and short enough to fit in my Garrett digital camo duffel bag. There was no issue at all during the security checkpoints in Miami.
I did look like a tool carrying around the duffel bag, but I got used to it, as nobody really said anything. I didn't let the machine leave my sight until we were allowed into our rooms.
The tender to cococay Sat am, I was the first off the boat, which was nice...right into the water I went. Water in the lagoon will be clear early, gets cloudy after a couple hours as the masses crowd the island. The scoop will be useless in some areas of the lagoon, lots of bedrock, so a mask will help, a Propointer would help too. I spent about three hours, all in the lagoon area, but there is so much more to detect. The volleyball courts and the backside of the beach, where the pines are I didn't touch. You can expect to get about 6 or 7 hours in, with lunch and breaks that you will take.
Funny thing is, no cash on the island, all seapass credit....but damn, I found more change that day than ever in my life, all US coins.
Sunday the boat brought us to Nassau, but I left the AT Pro locked in my room, as my wife was like "really"....so, got no experience in the city limits. If you were to go to Atlantis, should be ok, but anywhere else, I'd be skeered of the locals messin with me....
As for the highlight?...a gold ring with diamonds, engraved "Rodrigo":laughing7: Being on the small side, it's now my wife's toe ring.
View attachment 1349006

Good luck!

wow! U gotta start taking better care of your hands. Working your fingers to the bone?

Sent by carrier pigeon

OP
OP
B

bxlarry

Dec 31, 2012
Lake Worth Fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the info. I'm leaving Sept. 19. Coco cay, key west and Nassau. Bringing
my Tesoro Sand shark. Let you know how I do when I get back

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I was just looking at another post, on another forum , re.: Bahama = legal y or n. And strangely, some persons there had gotten a "no", when asking various powers-that-be. Like one guy asked his cruise-ship personnel, and was told "detecting = illegal in Bahama's". I'm sure the same answer would be forthcoming if you asked enough archies or lawyers from Bahamas too. Who might couch the question in terms of shipwreck salvor laws, antiquities @ sacred monuments, etc....

Imagine the tourists surprise, when they leave the detectors at home then, only to arrive as see other md'rs having no problems whatsoever there. Doh!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I packed my Excalibur in a small bag with the owners manual when I went. I was a little nervous when I say it up on the x-ray machine and the staff never even blinked or asked me a question when it came out of the other side! I thought to myself oh well I guess they've seen these before! I never advertised my intentions and kept everything in the bag until I got out on the beach. I assembled it, put my mask and fins on and went hunting! Sure I had a few strange looks from fellow cruisers as I entered the water but once I had everything submerged no one really knew anything other than I had yellow earmuffs on!
I also threw a frisbee and flew a kite without asking! Lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU NEED CERTAIN PERMITS TO DO SHIPWRECKS - AND SOME RESORTS WILL NOT LET YOU DO THEIR DRY SAND
A FEW GUYS A WHILE BACK SAID THAT SECURITY AT SOME RESORTS WERE ASKING FOR $20-$25 DOLLARS FOR A "PERMIT" TO DO IT
THINK THEY WERE DOING THAT WITHOUT ANYONES PERMISSION
RESORTS OWN THE LAND AND CAN CONTROL THEIRS - BUT THEY CANT OWN WATER
I HAD NO PROB AT 3 SPOTS I HIT

I was just looking at another post, on another forum , re.: Bahama = legal y or n. And strangely, some persons there had gotten a "no", when asking various powers-that-be. Like one guy asked his cruise-ship personnel, and was told "detecting = illegal in Bahama's". I'm sure the same answer would be forthcoming if you asked enough archies or lawyers from Bahamas too. Who might couch the question in terms of shipwreck salvor laws, antiquities @ sacred monuments, etc....

Imagine the tourists surprise, when they leave the detectors at home then, only to arrive as see other md'rs having no problems whatsoever there. Doh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread