Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ignorant drunk, or just plain out fool,, tosses change in front of you on the beach and says something
on the lines of "here fellow, some loose change to pick up". I have had this happen a couple times,,,I smile
keep walking, with scoop end of 720 pointing forward, point down with short tight grip on upper neck of it......
Just for balance, you know....

Man,,,,some people are just plain out jealous.....this is my reasoning anyway....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are not "jealous," they are just morons.

Attachments

• hasslijn.png
    hasslijn.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 126

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make like I cant hear them or see them - then sometimes they think I cant hear them and they will say something to people around them
and then I offer to stick my RTG long handle up their butt and I will make them look like the fool and get the laughs from the on lookers
usually with something like "you worked hard for that change on yours knees...would feel bad takin it from you" or if real mad "your mom worked hard..."
I had a father throwing pennies out in front of me from shore when I was in chest deep water and telling his kids "look..look..he's gonna hit it" - i'll usually change direction or avoid it - never give them the satisfaction and ive demeaned a few in from of their families too...Im not shy

BeachCrazy

Aug 1, 2016
South West Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This surprises me, why would people act out in such a way. (maybe to impress someone else) Man the older I get the more I realize I don't know much of anything.:laughing7:

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make like I cant hear them or see them - then sometimes they think I cant hear them and they will say something to people around them
and then I offer to stick my RTG long handle up their butt and I will make them look like the fool and get the laughs from the on lookers
usually with something like "you worked hard for that change on yours knees...would feel bad takin it from you" or if real mad "your mom worked hard..."
I had a father throwing pennies out in front of me from shore when I was in chest deep water and telling his kids "look..look..he's gonna hit it" - i'll usually change direction or avoid it - never give them the satisfaction and ive demeaned a few in from of their families too...Im not shy

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hum, hard to believe people would act like that. Sadly, I'm not surprised.....

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I have it happen here on the Treasurecoast. It's only been in Spanish. The funny thing is that this gringo speaks Spanish and I let them have it back in their native language. It really embarrasses them and most of the time it's in front of their family or a few friends that they are standing around drinking with.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider myself a beach patron, or might say vacationer that is enjoying the beach and vacation the way I enjoy . I feel I am no way a threat

to anyone, just try to stay in the less occupied section of beach during 'beach' time , otherwise I will get out early in morning or get in

the water. We are to the most part vacationers, and or enjoying the beach just like the rest of the patrons, just our way of enjoying our vacation or

beach time. Actually, we are a part of the norm, no more no less....

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had this happen to me several times. I guess it does not bother me in the slightest way because there is nothing wrong with people wanting to give me their money.

Its nothing to get pissy about, would folks get angry if someone threw down a ring in front of them as well.

If such little things bother folks so bad they should seek help; I have guns pointed at me weekly and shot at about once a month, I am not at all bothered because I know I am going to come out on top.

So if any of you ever hit the beaches of Europe and see a 6'6" nearly 300 pound man wearing an Interpol wind breaker with a FN Five Seven on his side feel free to liter my path with your change. Heck just throw it me if you like, my job pays crap and I love money, so if it makes you happy to throw change at me then I am happy too.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is all about attitude of the 'throwee'.......

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
I just ignore them, its not worth getting upset over. Its a choice, do I wanna let them bother me or do I wanna keep enjoying what Im doing? You cannot have it both ways.

This has happened several times to me.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would just pick up the change say "Thank You" and move on! Some people are just curious...even today some people doubt that metal detectors actually work...so they want to see first hand!

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had this only happen to me once so far. After the jerk threw the change in my path we just looked at each other...he then said something to the effect of "Well, aren't you going to scoop them up?" to which I replied something to the effect of "Since you are giving money away, I'm just waiting for you to throw down dollars". I then turned and walked away content with the dumb look on his face :)

Needless to say, I think he actually helped me out because as I was hunting other sections of that beach I saw another detectorist that had come later on basically camped at the spot where the jerk had tossed the pennies etc which basically left the rest of the beach for me to search. Felt bad for the poor guy...probably thought he had himself an epic pocket spill...hehe.

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably thought he had himself a epic pocket spill...hehe

:laughing7: good one TwoYewts !!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
It is all about attitude of the 'throwee'.......

Man see lots of attitude at work, that rarely ever gets to me as criminals and bad guys are just doing what comes natural to them. LOL

I have however had a very drunk lady throw a Euro in the sand in front of me and then pointed to where she threw it; I grabbed it, then she threw down a two euro and pressed it in with her foot. All while doing this she would look at me like I was handicap or something. This went on for about 35 minutes or so and she had to go to the bar five times to get change.

When she was done she told "very good" like I was a child in the head or something and then said she was sorry that she had no more change for me to find.

I kept on hunting and aught up to my son who was 11 at the time and he said he watched it all he was is pretty sure the lady thought I was handicap in the head. My son today has some of the best luck at that beach bar still, especially during the tourist season now.

ut as far as I care folks can pelt change at me with a sling shot (not the head please) as long as I get to keep it. I would even be happy with folks pegging me with one ounce ingots of silver, or gold if they like.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had one similar to that,,,,just a smart a$$ and kept chunking money in front of me,, just politely eased around him, let him deal with his own little mess....

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar incident here. Long story short I ended up a few days in newspaper getting rewarded for finding a ring for an Englishman. Don't know if the moron could read. Patience is often rewarded.
God give me patience and I want NOW.:tongue3:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this has happened to all of us who have hunted the beaches for any amount of time! I pretty much do "all of the above" of what has been mentioned already, based on the situation at the time.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has happened to me a lot. I turn away to hunt somewhere else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread