First playground hunt, Raybans, coins and an earring piece.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi guys,

I don't know where to post this, but as it was all sand I hunted I figure it fits here best.

Anyway, today was the first time I got to detect a playground, was pretty fun as all the spots you read about in "how to detect" posts (slides, swings, underneath climbing constructions) paid off with finds. Nothing too spectacular from a metal detecting standpoint (4.40€ and a part of an earring) but I made a nice surface find with a pair of Rayban glasses that had just clear glass, no prescription glasses. I thought that was pretty odd and with a bit of luck they might be even worth something.

So here is the video if you are interested:

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey pretty cool, is that one of the parks I wrote you about?

Anyway mate, I am back in town now. Could not watch the vid from this computer but will get to it later.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey pretty cool, is that one of the parks I wrote you about?

Anyway mate, I am back in town now. Could not watch the vid from this computer but will get to it later.

Actually no, this is the big "central park" of Hamburg, it took an hour by train to get there but I saw the playground on google maps and thought I needed to try that, it's huge.
I'm headed to one place you told me about tomorrow morning, it's not far from home and I should be able to check it out quickly.

Welcome back :)

Oh, and the Mars universal shaft got delivered Friday, it's just as cool as expected.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually no, this is the big "central park" of Hamburg, it took an hour by train to get there but I saw the playground on google maps and thought I needed to try that, it's huge.
I'm headed to one place you told me about tomorrow morning, it's not far from home and I should be able to check it out quickly.

Welcome back :)

Oh, and the Mars universal shaft got delivered Friday, it's just as cool as expected.

Sweet, I know when we got my son his Mars Shaft he was very happy. When I was out of town he got his Go Pro cams for his Mars Shaft and his Sunrider velomobile. My wife said that he was bothering her pretty bad to open a youtube channel but did not want to ask me. LOL

Keep us posted on the park in the morning.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sweet, I know when we got my son his Mars Shaft he was very happy. When I was out of town he got his Go Pro cams for his Mars Shaft and his Sunrider velomobile. My wife said that he was bothering her pretty bad to open a youtube channel but did not want to ask me. LOL

Keep us posted on the park in the morning.

I think metal detecting is a great topic for a youtube channel, one of the few fields of youtube that are not completely overflown with morons but instead friendly people :)

I will have you all know if I find anything good.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think metal detecting is a great topic for a youtube channel, one of the few fields of youtube that are not completely overflown with morons but instead friendly people :)

I will have you all know if I find anything good.

My son just watched your vid, he said that you need to get you a Nel Snake for your MD. LOL He says that it will pay for its self.

I have to take his word for it; I mean heck the kid purchased a 7K velomobile with some of his finds. Me I am a Minelab fan.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
My son just watched your vid, he said that you need to get you a Nel Snake for your MD. LOL He says that it will pay for its self.

I have to take his word for it; I mean heck the kid purchased a 7K velomobile with some of his finds. Me I am a Minelab fan.

I have ordered the NEL Hunter for now, the snake will be the next one I buy but for now I am pretty happy with the small Garrett coil, I'll try to make that pay for itself first. I'm less happy with the big stock coil and the Hunter is basically the same size just better, I will see how that goes but I had to order from the Ukraine and it will probably take 3 weeks to deliver like the waterproof housing for my Ace 350.

I have to ask, what Minelab would you recommend for the beach? I am open to try out Minelab in the future, but I'm not sure if anything below a CTX 3030 is a noticable upgrade to my AT Pro.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
CTX 3030 works great on the beach and every other place I have used it as well.

You should have checked out Nuggets AT for your Nel coil.

Nuggets is a great place for good prices in Europe, its like the only thing we have even close to being a Kellyco.

How do you like the hunter? My son uses the Snake for parks and beaches only, does well, he is getting hits on salt beaches at like 35 cm, so not to bad. The small gold skulls he found the other night where about that deep, it was 17 of them on a cord about 2.1 grams each.

For the year he has me beat in gold so far, but I have been traveling more than normal. He hunts every day for like 7 hours and the nights when I am home. But I am happy for him, he has really brought in some major cash this year and has not strayed away from using his ATP, my wife and I have many machines and he says in time he will upgrade but thinks he needs to know his first machine inside and out before he moves on.

He did however find a piece of land back in Germany about 200 meters from our house. One of those garden plots, its only like 300 square meters and they want 5200 for it. He says he wants to buy it and put a garden house on it with a garage for his future velomobiles he just ordered. He has a Mulsanne and a Quatrvelo on order paid for.

I say why not right, it is his cash, not mine.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
CTX 3030 works great on the beach and every other place I have used it as well.

You should have checked out Nuggets AT for your Nel coil.

Nuggets is a great place for good prices in Europe, its like the only thing we have even close to being a Kellyco.

How do you like the hunter? My son uses the Snake for parks and beaches only, does well, he is getting hits on salt beaches at like 35 cm, so not to bad. The small gold skulls he found the other night where about that deep, it was 17 of them on a cord about 2.1 grams each.

For the year he has me beat in gold so far, but I have been traveling more than normal. He hunts every day for like 7 hours and the nights when I am home. But I am happy for him, he has really brought in some major cash this year and has not strayed away from using his ATP, my wife and I have many machines and he says in time he will upgrade but thinks he needs to know his first machine inside and out before he moves on.

He did however find a piece of land back in Germany about 200 meters from our house. One of those garden plots, its only like 300 square meters and they want 5200 for it. He says he wants to buy it and put a garden house on it with a garage for his future velomobiles he just ordered. He has a Mulsanne and a Quatrvelo on order paid for.

I say why not right, it is his cash, not mine.

I'm still waiting for the hunter to get delivered. I would have ordered at Nuggets (got the Mars shaft from them) but they told me the Hunter coil was out of stock and wouldn't be restocked before three weeks so I ordered directly from the Ukraine. With all the good stuff I'm hearing about the Snake I wonder if I should order one from Nuggets to be delivered for the next weekend.

Heh, I wish I discovered metal detecting when I was still in school, nothing like having the whole afternoon and evening free to hunt :) I'm lucky if I get seven hours per weekend.

It's sometimes pretty crazy how cheap you can get land. Next to my best friend's house is a nice garden piece, probably the same size as the one you mentioned and it's 100€ a year with the requirement that the hedge gets trimmed and the lawn mowed. I almost sprung on the offer for storage for the stuff we find magnet fishing.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still waiting for the hunter to get delivered. I would have ordered at Nuggets (got the Mars shaft from them) but they told me the Hunter coil was out of stock and wouldn't be restocked before three weeks so I ordered directly from the Ukraine. With all the good stuff I'm hearing about the Snake I wonder if I should order one from Nuggets to be delivered for the next weekend.

Heh, I wish I discovered metal detecting when I was still in school, nothing like having the whole afternoon and evening free to hunt :) I'm lucky if I get seven hours per weekend.

It's sometimes pretty crazy how cheap you can get land. Next to my best friend's house is a nice garden piece, probably the same size as the one you mentioned and it's 100€ a year with the requirement that the hedge gets trimmed and the lawn mowed. I almost sprung on the offer for storage for the stuff we find magnet fishing.

I had only mentioned Nuggets because you brought up ordering factory direct. Do not be shocked if Zöll stops your package and sends you a letter telling you to come open it in front of them. I have had this happen to me many of times man, and some times I have had to even pay import tax.

I had order so new parts for my AK from Israel and it got stopped. The agent told me that it was not legal in Germany because I could mount a laser to it. I showed him my Interpol creds and told him I would be mounting an ELCAN to it and planed to shot whomever I felt was a threat according to our agency guidelines.

He actually called in some agents to try and have me detained, the little moron had never heard of our agency. The agents he called in where like are you nuts, we can not arrest someone from Interpol.

So just watch out man, not everyone at zöll knows even a small portion of their job.

Yeah I find that in many places in Europe land is very cheap. Right now just about 3 kilometers from us is a full hectar of beach front property for sale. They want 3K for it, and the only stipulation is that you can not use it for any form of tourism income. But it has already electric, water, and sewer ran to it. Crazy man, beach front Italian property for cheap. Even if you only dropped a little prefab 45 square meter house on it, it is yours and ready to live in.

This area of Italy is really cheap though if you can read Italian.

Today I was at Ali, sort of like the Real. They have a message board out front where you can post things you have for sale. I saw an apartment listed for sale that I know very well. But this was in some real broken German and they wanted 190K for it. if you find it in the normal paper it is listed or 12K. LOL

You have to feel sorry for the Germans down here; they pay like 800% mark up on everything if they do not speak Italian. I have seen some buy towel on the beach for like 40 euro, if they would go to the city they would only pay like 4 euro.

But its the same in some parts of Germany too, like where we live in Germany. They charge the Americans two to three times as much. The house we purchased when we closed the deal at the bank the bank lady asked the man why he did not charge us three times as much because I am American that she would have done this. I just sat there and listened to her go on about how the bank does this with Americans. Then I asked her in German to please go get her Manager, HR Manager and Security Manager.

She was shocked; I had that bank (Volksbank) blacklisted from all NATO personnel.

But if someone is not willing to try and learn then they are going to pay for their mistake I guess.

Well if you ever have an interest in Italian beach front property or even lagoon property let me know. I could get you in a house down here for less than 20K and here they are always looking for fluent German IT folks.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I had only mentioned Nuggets because you brought up ordering factory direct. Do not be shocked if Zöll stops your package and sends you a letter telling you to come open it in front of them. I have had this happen to me many of times man, and some times I have had to even pay import tax.

I had order so new parts for my AK from Israel and it got stopped. The agent told me that it was not legal in Germany because I could mount a laser to it. I showed him my Interpol creds and told him I would be mounting an ELCAN to it and planed to shot whomever I felt was a threat according to our agency guidelines.

He actually called in some agents to try and have me detained, the little moron had never heard of our agency. The agents he called in where like are you nuts, we can not arrest someone from Interpol.

So just watch out man, not everyone at zöll knows even a small portion of their job.

Yeah I find that in many places in Europe land is very cheap. Right now just about 3 kilometers from us is a full hectar of beach front property for sale. They want 3K for it, and the only stipulation is that you can not use it for any form of tourism income. But it has already electric, water, and sewer ran to it. Crazy man, beach front Italian property for cheap. Even if you only dropped a little prefab 45 square meter house on it, it is yours and ready to live in.

This area of Italy is really cheap though if you can read Italian.

Today I was at Ali, sort of like the Real. They have a message board out front where you can post things you have for sale. I saw an apartment listed for sale that I know very well. But this was in some real broken German and they wanted 190K for it. if you find it in the normal paper it is listed or 12K. LOL

You have to feel sorry for the Germans down here; they pay like 800% mark up on everything if they do not speak Italian. I have seen some buy towel on the beach for like 40 euro, if they would go to the city they would only pay like 4 euro.

But its the same in some parts of Germany too, like where we live in Germany. They charge the Americans two to three times as much. The house we purchased when we closed the deal at the bank the bank lady asked the man why he did not charge us three times as much because I am American that she would have done this. I just sat there and listened to her go on about how the bank does this with Americans. Then I asked her in German to please go get her Manager, HR Manager and Security Manager.

She was shocked; I had that bank (Volksbank) blacklisted from all NATO personnel.

But if someone is not willing to try and learn then they are going to pay for their mistake I guess.

Well if you ever have an interest in Italian beach front property or even lagoon property let me know. I could get you in a house down here for less than 20K and here they are always looking for fluent German IT folks.

I had some good fun with the Zoll guys when I dared to order a set of key organizers from the US. Just like you say "open the package, assemble everything, show me it's not something dangerous (two metal plates and two distance rings...) and then pay some import tax on it."

However I ordered the waterproof housing from the same guy and it got delivered without problems, here's hoping it will go fluidly this time as well.

Yeah, tourists always get ****ed, it's quite funny actually unless you are a tourist :) I remember when we went to Mallorca on a class trip and this guy was selling plastic sunglasses for 15€ each, I don't think they cost more than a couple of cents to produce :)

Some beachfront property sounds really nice, I will let you know once I have a bit of cash saved up :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread