πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heading down this Sunday for a week stay at the in laws new house. Going to be in Clearwater, closest beach they say is Madeira beach? Bringing the CTX and my "new" RTG travel scoop. Just finished taking a hacksaw to my trusty scoop, found a pc of pipe that's fits nicely inside, two holes, two bolts, and voila, a "new" travel scoop.
Anyway hope the local pirates left me something, at least enough to pay for one dang ticket. 5 tickets is a lot of bread. I'll try not to take it all, lol. This Yankee is on the hunt.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike the storm obviously will change things. Maybe Friday or Saturday you will be your best chance to find something decent. Good luck.
Fwiw the people down here are not smart, drive long enough and it will dispel that part of your theory.
I'm from NY, you don't have to explain bad driving to me. So far everything has been, well, perfect. Everything is clean, people are polite, prices are good(except for supermarkets), and it's beautiful.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judging by how many people where at the beach, plus google images of how many people normally go there, I would say either the water hunters here are very thorough, the beaches are sanded in and everything is deep, or people down here are smart and don't wear jewelry to the beach that often. I believe it's a combination of all three. Doesn't matter, as I'm having a great time. Even though I'm stuck in the house now during this "storm".

Not sure about clearwater, but everything else has been badly sanded in. my last 2hr hunt turned up ONE dime. I'd have packed up and moved on from these conditions, but there weren't any better options nearby and I wanted to be in the water so I stuck it out like a total newb haha.

Obviously we have all been waiting for a storm like this to set things right for a few days.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from NY, you don't have to explain bad driving to me. So far everything has been, well, perfect. Everything is clean, people are polite, prices are good(except for supermarkets), and it's beautiful.

Why thank you Mike...

I personally cleaned the beach just for you.... hope you found everything to be up to par for detecting.
We try and keep it very free of any debri just for you tourists :P

Make sure you wear some gold whilst your detecting... please... ok pretty please... pretty please with sugar on top... and a side of raisons ?

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure about clearwater, but everything else has been badly sanded in. my last 2hr hunt turned up ONE dime. I'd have packed up and moved on from these conditions, but there weren't any better options nearby and I wanted to be in the water so I stuck it out like a total newb haha.

Obviously we have all been waiting for a storm like this to set things right for a few days.

I thought it seemed sanded in. Someone else stated that wasn't the case so I thought was going crazy.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why thank you Mike...

I personally cleaned the beach just for you.... hope you found everything to be up to par for detecting.
We try and keep it very free of any debri just for you tourists :P

Make sure you wear some gold whilst your detecting... please... ok pretty please... pretty please with sugar on top... and a side of raisons ?
Yea yea yea I know all about it.��

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to blame the lack of finds on sanded in conditions now....after the storm! But finding the gold, silver and coin before Hermine only took time and perseverance....a lot of time! You can't just be a once or twice a week, few hours at a time hunter around here, when there are so many old guys like myself that get out there 5 days a week for 7 hours a day.
SS

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to blame the lack of finds on sanded in conditions now....after the storm! But finding the gold, silver and coin before Hermine only took time and perseverance....a lot of time! You can't just be a once or twice a week, few hours at a time hunter around here, when there are so many old guys like myself that get out there 5 days a week for 7 hours a day.
SS
I hear you...I only get to go to the coast one day a week...I don't expect to get lots of gold and Im happy with whatever little bit I get...I just love being in the water at the beach and having the chance to find something awesome.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Went out this morning to Clearwater beach. 7 guys metal detecting. Lots of targets. My time was limited so I skipped the coin signals and focused on the low conductors for the most part. Dug a few high tones every now and then hoping for a chunk of silver. Anyway, 2 small silver pcs, 2 gold, and some clad in the hour I was there. 14k earring, and some heavy gold teephus as I call them. Then it came down in buckets, saw it coming from offshore. Wish I had more time. There's some good stuff there right now.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was outstanding for 1 hour...congrats on the nice finds.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160903_184153.jpg .
Thanks for leaving the coins.:tongue3:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like I'll be enjoying the fruits of this storm twice. Due to hit my neck of the woods Sunday. They are already evacuating some parts of the island. I'll post pics.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Went out this morning for one last spin. Picked up a fake ring and another 2 pc grill set. It was nice meeting you all today at the beach, you all know who you are. Wishing you all the best, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions