πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heading down this Sunday for a week stay at the in laws new house. Going to be in Clearwater, closest beach they say is Madeira beach? Bringing the CTX and my "new" RTG travel scoop. Just finished taking a hacksaw to my trusty scoop, found a pc of pipe that's fits nicely inside, two holes, two bolts, and voila, a "new" travel scoop.
Anyway hope the local pirates left me something, at least enough to pay for one dang ticket. 5 tickets is a lot of bread. I'll try not to take it all, lol. This Yankee is on the hunt.

Upvote 0

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the CTX3030 is allowed on the beach, but other low end machines are acceptable.

JK! There is a lot beaches in the area, all of the seems about the same to me. Stingy! Sometimes I go there after work or in the general area. I avoid Sunday hunts because I have to get up to early Monday to head to the grinding wheel. But I wish you lots of luck. Hopefully, you will shows us how it's done and get back some of that travel cost!

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the CTX3030 is allowed on the beach, but other low end machines are acceptable.

JK! There is a lot beaches in the area, all of the seems about the same to me. Stingy! Sometimes I go there after work or in the general area. I avoid Sunday hunts because I have to get up to early Monday to head to the grinding wheel. But I wish you lots of luck. Hopefully, you will shows us how it's done and get back some of that travel cost!

Happy Hunting!
Thanks bud! Will do.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck! Try the pier.

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going North Or South of Madeira Bch, on Gulf Blvd, are dozens of beach parking lots. Cost is an average of $2 an hour. You're better off going South to Treasure Island or St.Pete Bch... these two beaches are only about 15 minutes away, Clearwater is North and a much farther drive. TI and SPB are also much bigger in size and more a tourist beach with more hotels and beach activities than Madeira.
Hope for a East wind and don't forget to shuffle your feet when water hunting.
GL SS

Last edited:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading down this Sunday for a week stay at the in laws new house. Going to be in Clearwater, closest beach they say is Madeira beach? Bringing the CTX and my "new" RTG travel scoop. Just finished taking a hacksaw to my trusty scoop, found a pc of pipe that's fits nicely inside, two holes, two bolts, and voila, a "new" travel scoop.
Anyway hope the local pirates left me something, at least enough to pay for one dang ticket. 5 tickets is a lot of bread. I'll try not to take it all, lol. This Yankee is on the hunt.
Parking after 9 am is hard to find ,get there early. I get there around 630 am. what days are you going hunting?

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a Handicap permit parking is FREE

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like you will have some nice evening low tides for your visit.

It's thunderstorm season, so use caution. We have people getting whacked again because, "It won't hit me."

Clearwater is a major traffic jam. Madeira beach is a nice area. Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, anywhere along there is as good as any other spot.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.01.21 AM.png

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would avoid Maderia and south Redington Beach.

Clearwater,North Redington, Indian Rocks, Saint Pete Beach, Pass-A-Grille, or Treasure Island would be better choices.

Most meters take Debit cards. At the North beaches you can park on the street for free ... look for a beach access sign (path leading to beach).

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we are going to have a tropical storm this week end.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg image.jpeg
First day here, flight went well. This is a view from my back yard, Lake Seminole. I think the blue heron is a good sign, right? Tomorrow I'll do some recon. I'll keep everyone up to date. Thanks for sharing in my excitement. I know it's not a big deal to some, but for me a chance to treasure hunt somewhere different and a challenge and test of my skills.

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's looking like you have a couple of days that the Gulf will be flat due to an east wind, but come Wednesday all bets are off.
* That lake has gators, I would not hunt it, LOL!
SS

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's looking like you have a couple of days that the Gulf will be flat due to an east wind, but come Wednesday all bets are off.
* That lake has gators, I would not hunt it, LOL!
SS
I'm sure it does, I'll take my chances with the sharks instead lol

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indian rocks and Indian shores was a dud. Two pennies and not a sound more. Ankle to neck deep, nada. Tommorow I'm heading to Clearwater beach, nice and early.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike
Hope your are cleaning up down there! Post your finds. Not much going on up here. Surf is picking up, hoping it will clear some sand away

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in the water at Clearwater. I was there on Monday. There were very few targets. The water hunters have done an excellent job. Thinking like the song "The sounds of silence".
The dry sand hunters on the other hand left many targets , mostly clad .

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck in the water at Clearwater. I was there on Monday. There were very few targets. The water hunters have done an excellent job. Thinking like the song "The sounds of silence".
The dry sand hunters on the other hand left many targets , mostly clad .
Judging by how many people where at the beach, plus google images of how many people normally go there, I would say either the water hunters here are very thorough, the beaches are sanded in and everything is deep, or people down here are smart and don't wear jewelry to the beach that often. I believe it's a combination of all three. Doesn't matter, as I'm having a great time. Even though I'm stuck in the house now during this "storm".

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike the storm obviously will change things. Maybe Friday or Saturday you will be your best chance to find something decent. Good luck.
Fwiw the people down here are not smart, drive long enough and it will dispel that part of your theory.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People at Clearwater are covered in gold, not sanded in either...water hunters pick the gold up before it hardly has time to settle on the bottom...you cant go there and not see someone in the water hunting...they even hunt in the water at night.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess the guys here are really that good, and there must be many of them like you say. Although I haven't seen one person water hunting the 3 days I've been here so far. Hopefully fri/sat will be better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread