ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Only this years diving finds.

I thought I would start a new thread concerning diving while detecting. Sure very few people swim over their heads in fresh water anymore. I go to lakes all the time and rarely see it. However, back before TV's, air conditioners and computers people actually swam and played in the water. At state parks they actually had swim platforms and things to do. Now with lawsuits and liability there is nothing. Not even lifeguards in Michigan so no responsibility.

I am in water over waders heads. I have promised them I wouldn't touch their area in this place and I kept my promise to the letter. This is a sneak peek at what I have found in under 3 months. I started diving here May 31st. My newest class ring is a 1939. The cleaned silver is compliments of my friend Kevin. The brass and gold in the silver jewelry picture is a brass bracelet with a silver chain and the gold is plated silver. You are looking at over 250 silver coins, over 100 pieces of silver jewelry and 36 pieces of gold that waders couldn't have touched if they wanted to.

43.30 in silver coin, then the silver 1926 German 2 Reich marks, over 4 grand in gold, and the silver jewelry just extra gravy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14C.gif 14C.gif
awesome-work.gif

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what your talking about.:thumbsup:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably won't ever get to do this kind of hunting, but sure is nice to see the success and pics of the few that venture in !!!

Thanks for showing, I congratulate you on your great finds, the finds that go wayyyyy back. Cool !!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get 2 mason jars with good lids...
pack all the silver in 1 jar...

Get a bottle of Tarnex from any store... (around 5 bucks cost)
Place both the full jar and the empty jar in a sink...
Pour the entire bottle if possible into jar with silver...
place on lid and begin to shake slightly and agitate...
count to 30...
remove lid...
pour Tarnex out into other jar and cap tightly...
Now flush the silver jar thoroughly with water... fill and dump... fill and dump until no smell of Tarnex remains...

Place a small towel on table and dump out...
Repeat process on stubborn pieces.

Oh yes...
Most important...
Wear gloves...
I recommend Nitrile gloves.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Do you ever panic or get claustrophobic down there? I guess if your doing it that's a dumb question. I'd love to dive I just don't know if I could deal with being down with no visibility.

Curious how often do you dive without machine? There's gotta be spots loaded with trash still. Thanks for sharing it's a lotta goodies. Hh gl-Joe

Only this years diving finds.

I thought I would start a new thread concerning diving while detecting. Sure very few people swim over their heads in fresh water anymore. I go to lakes all the time and rarely see it. However, back before TV's, air conditioners and computers people actually swam and played in the water. At state parks they actually had swim platforms and things to do. Now with lawsuits and liability there is nothing. Not even lifeguards in Michigan so no responsibility.

I am in water over waders heads. I have promised them I wouldn't touch their area in this place and I kept my promise to the letter. This is a sneak peek at what I have found in under 3 months. I started diving here May 31st. My newest class ring is a 1939. The cleaned silver is compliments of my friend Kevin. The brass and gold in the silver jewelry picture is a brass bracelet with a silver chain and the gold is plated silver. You are looking at over 250 silver coins, over 100 pieces of silver jewelry and 36 pieces of gold that waders couldn't have touched if they wanted to.

43.30 in silver coin, then the silver 1926 German 2 Reich marks, over 4 grand in gold, and the silver jewelry just extra gravy.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Do you ever panic or get claustrophobic down there? I guess if your doing it that's a dumb question. I'd love to dive I just don't know if I could deal with being down with no visibility.

Curious how often do you dive without machine? There's gotta be spots loaded with trash still. Thanks for sharing it's a lotta goodies. Hh gl-Joe

I never get claustrophobic or panic. I can see just fine until I stir the muck up. I stay relaxed at all times. Granted this has taken years of practice. I used to get my find then move to cleaner water to find others. Not anymore. You have to get it in your head that even though you can't see, Nothing was there to hurt you before you stirred it up and nothing is going to be there after it is stirred up. That has taken years to master actually.

Dive without a machine, that would be never unless at a marina. I have it hip mounted and sometimes put it down to move weeds but then I find the cord from the box and follow it to the shaft. Again, I don't need to see. With the Tiger Shark I just follow the headphone cord.

What I do is easy for me. I dive in a lot of marina's finding things people drop off their boats. You can't see anything in a marina. You feel for what was lost. I did have to use a machine once for a ring but every other time I found by feel, including glasses.

You have to learn to relax and enjoy yourself and know you have all the safety equipment if you have a problem. The only thing I worry about is boaters that have NO idea what a dive flag is. Luckily in this spot no boaters come around.

Hope it helps. What I do takes lots of practice and it will become easy and enjoyable. I don't care what my finds are underwater. I get them and put them in my bag. I don't even bother to look at them until I get out. I can find a lot more targets that way by not wasting air. Sure I know if I find a half or a quarter or a ring. I just don't care to find what karat gold, what year, what time period. I find it, put it in the bag and keep swinging. When I get home or after I get out, I then look at my take for the dive or dives.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing...very nice

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about.
Love seeing other pirate's loot! Thanks for sharing.
Do you plan on putting it all in display cases?

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Thanks for reply and insight. I have a long way to go before I am diving. That is a nice pile of treasure there. I see a gold ring in there with a red stone, I found one like that before with a different stone same design. Cool to find old stuff like that. I know of an old jump spot I'd like to hunt. Someday. Hopefully sooner than later. hh gl -Joe

I never get claustrophobic or panic. I can see just fine until I stir the muck up. I stay relaxed at all times. Granted this has taken years of practice. I used to get my find then move to cleaner water to find others. Not anymore. You have to get it in your head that even though you can't see, Nothing was there to hurt you before you stirred it up and nothing is going to be there after it is stirred up. That has taken years to master actually.

Dive without a machine, that would be never unless at a marina. I have it hip mounted and sometimes put it down to move weeds but then I find the cord from the box and follow it to the shaft. Again, I don't need to see. With the Tiger Shark I just follow the headphone cord.

What I do is easy for me. I dive in a lot of marina's finding things people drop off their boats. You can't see anything in a marina. You feel for what was lost. I did have to use a machine once for a ring but every other time I found by feel, including glasses.

You have to learn to relax and enjoy yourself and know you have all the safety equipment if you have a problem. The only thing I worry about is boaters that have NO idea what a dive flag is. Luckily in this spot no boaters come around.

Hope it helps. What I do takes lots of practice and it will become easy and enjoyable. I don't care what my finds are underwater. I get them and put them in my bag. I don't even bother to look at them until I get out. I can find a lot more targets that way by not wasting air. Sure I know if I find a half or a quarter or a ring. I just don't care to find what karat gold, what year, what time period. I find it, put it in the bag and keep swinging. When I get home or after I get out, I then look at my take for the dive or dives.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a Great Summer buddy!! Continue the Mission!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread