Trying to detect in the colder months here in the Chesapeake bay

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might can find some neoprene waders or wetsuit for that price range. Drysuit will be a bit over budget. You can get some good deals on drysuits on ebay

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
When it comes to chest waders, you get what you pay for.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chest waders can get you killed. If you step in a hole or fall over, your waders fill up and pull you under. BE CAREFUL!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hate dry suits and really prefer wetsuits...no maintenance and you can pee. Unless the water is below 30 degrees I can stay in the water for 2-2.5 hrs in a 5/4 wetsuit...the dry suit is warmer of course but there is maintenance and they are kind of a pain imo. Never wear anything that can fill with water in a river/bay/ocean like chest waders. I have probably heard of a dozen or so people dying clamming and such in my lifetime.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Should I invest in waders or a dry suit and what brand and type? Seething not to expensive around a couple hundred maybe.

You may want to go neoprene waders, wear a belt and PFD..I wore waders for several years, stepped in my own holes.. fallen into and all was fine But you have to chose the days you wear them.. calmer water., wear the belt, and PFD at all times. The Bay is forgiving since you can walk out 100 yards and still be waist deep. The Ocean, a different animal....

I have drysuits , with dry gloves and thermo boots... just the glove system to keep my hands warm is over the 200 mark.
And they do make P Valves for drysuits... OBN0367.jpg And that is a Excalibur endcap, it just never made the cut to be a endcap

Adam B you must be young.. and a surfer at one time.. the most the boys up here can do is 40 degrees with the 7mm farmer johns, and jackets...

And I love my drysuits...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions