NEW SYMRNA BEACH - No more free parking

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went over to New Symrna Beach the other day giving my elderly parents a day away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando. Swung my detector for about 30 minutes but it was high tide and found nothing. My legs were cramping as I have a neuropathy that limits my walking and must sit down. I put the detector away and noted the new signage. I've got a handicap plate and most beach areas accommodate the disabled. For years when I hunted her the Flagler Avenue park was always free. Not anymore. Guess they need to pay for the new bathrooms that were erected. Ended our visit at Boston Fish House for an early dinner before trekking back to Orlando.

Attachments

• Parking.jpg
    Parking.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
If I've read the Florida laws right, you still park for free with your handicapped plate.
Sad though seeing yet another pay to park lot!

Cliff

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if I wanted to park for 2-3hours? What do the consider to be all day? $10 seems a little pricey if someone wanted to visit for only 1-2 hours.
Without displaying some kind of receipt who would know who has or has not paid without going through the drop box to find every single tag number?

Last edited:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Va beach is the same way. Even blocks off the beach you still must pay for parking. And you can only pay for 3 hours at the time at $2 an hour. It s cheaper to pull into the lot next to the ocean if you are going to stay all day. $10. The meter maid now checks who has paid electronically. By computer. They know and will get you. Quick.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
different counties prob do things differently - and I'm sure more Fla. TH'ers will chime in
but in the sobe area - the meters print a ticket that you display inside windshield and it has the time it will expire calculated by amount of money you put in
so if its 25c for 10 mins. or whatever - you can put in for 1-2 hrs
but don't be one min. late - I ran into a fellow hunter that recognized me as I was leaving a N.Miami bch - the talk cost me a pretty penny as I approached my car and meter maid was printing the ticket - also got ticketed for backing into spot instead of pulling in - supposedly in spot I was in - it was against the law :tongue3:

What if I wanted to park for 2-3hours? What do the consider to be all day? $10 seems a little pricey if someone wanted to visit for only 1-2 hours.
Without displaying some kind of receipt who would know who has or has not paid without going through the drop box to find every single tag number?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Man, this sucks! I was just there a month ago and we parked for free. More money hungry government for ya!!! I might as well park on the beach if I'm going to pay $10

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Emitt

Jul 27, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Vintage Whites Prz III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Jacksonville it's five bucks for the day. Not bad, if you can find a space.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
In wrightsville beach NC is $2.50 an hour from 9am-6pm. I refuse to ever go there and pay that. I go early in the morn and go to other beaches during the day with the family that are free to park.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At our State beaches you have to pay to park, but, most of the city beaches have free parking. In nearby commercial areas they usually have meters, but, rarely in residential areas. Since the ocean beaches are supposed to be owned by all of us, they should all have free parking IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread