NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first couple of hours - started out kind of crappy
I had found a few older clads (some real thin)and got a deep crusty wheat and hit a collection area full of can parts and older pulltabs
was almost gonna leave but paid my admission - so figured i'd finish the ride
Glad I did. Came upon a rocky area - lots rocks reading off in all metal. Checked each one. Then got a high tone down deep.
Did not sound that great...suppose because of the rocks...was shocked when I shook my scoop and saw yellow amongst the rocks -
turn out to be a 14k Benchmark band. I worked around the rocks some more and only got a few other deep coins. This beach has changed over
the years - deep spot I used to get old silver coins in was filled - other open sandy areas now have huge seagrass beds. I went into a spot that used to have deep thick seagrass and it was now gone - so area I was never able to hit much before now. Got a few deep nickels...ground here was 2 kinds of muck - some was mucky with deep clumps of seagrass that was almost like peat and it would come up like a coffee can plug and would not sift - I would have to break apart with my hands - slow working. Then in same area there was a grey muck that was like glue but would not sift either but once broken apart would. Then some readings were below these mucks and then it was like digging in a cobblestone street...lots of rocks...not fun.
I got a positive faint reading and scooped down over a foot - as I raised my scoop - I could see dead seagrass plug and in it I saw a glint of gold. Reach in and pluck out
22k hallmarked band ...oh yeah!
by the hallmark...it looks like its from 1906
Got another nice good hit a few feet away. Dug down deep and once again started to raise it up. As I did, I saw large black disc sticking to the muck a the top of my scoop
- silver half. I found a good spot finally. Little ways away - got a crusted silver dime. Then started getting other older items - ended up getting 3 old silver religious medals.
I pulled up a lead soldier that I wish was complete. He is wearing a gas mask so think he is WW I. Have not seen any like him before - would have been a nice bonus if intact - he will still find a spot in one of my displays. Ended the hunt with a buffalo. Tide was high by now and I had little area to hunt - people were on top of me - plus I was bushed and burnt, but day turned out pretty good after the way it started.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
great hunt congrats i finally got a chance to hunt my cz21 the way you set yours for saltwater wet sand if im correct that would be sensitivity at about 9 with ground balance at 5 all metal mode must say you dig alot of junk but i did manage acrusty silver dime a wheat cent two silver charms and a matched set of gold ear rings plus about 6 bucks in clad change oh the ear rings were about 3 feet apart all this off of a small private beach that someone else hunts regularly and i barely covered much area tons of pulltabs and bottle caps hot rocks sinkers nails and a multitude of others. hope that was correct settings please correct me if im wrong.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what I use at most spots - you want your sensitivity where you have a lite hum - some spots 9 may be too high - it depends on the area
other day beach only let me use it at 7.5

great hunt congrats i finally got a chance to hunt my cz21 the way you set yours for saltwater wet sand if im correct that would be sensitivity at about 9 with ground balance at 5 all metal mode must say you dig alot of junk but i did manage acrusty silver dime a wheat cent two silver charms and a matched set of gold ear rings plus about 6 bucks in clad change oh the ear rings were about 3 feet apart all this off of a small private beach that someone else hunts regularly and i barely covered much area tons of pulltabs and bottle caps hot rocks sinkers nails and a multitude of others. hope that was correct settings please correct me if im wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions