QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone had any issues with their Grey Ghost headphone knob falling off at all? Today after hunting in the water I was wiping down my equipment as I put it in the car and noticed the volume knob was missing, it was on the carpet but when I put it back on it simply falls back off. Looks like they put some sort of glue to hold it on, looks like a stupid method to me if I'm seeing things correctly.

Pretty disappointed since these were not cheap.

Upvote 0

goldiger

Greenie
Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah mine is 3 months old and did That i was wondering what to use myself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use silicone caulking then replace knob and let it dry...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use silicone caulking then replace knob and let it dry...

DT2016

How does the knob turn if its siliconed? Seems like the method they may have used from the factory, I can see this being an issue for those who scuba or snokel, no? Thanks I'll give it a try.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Early on in the design I had suggested they use the IP68 Pot but once the Chinese got there hands on the production they changed a few things to cut the cost. If you silicon it or epoxy it will be fine, just don't over do the amount you put on since there is a slot for it to set in.. Also Gary at Detector Pro stands behind all of his products 100% so If you have a issue he is more then happy to help. As you can see from the pic the better of the two is the IP68......

OBN0379.jpg

And it is a good idea to keep all sprayed with silicon spray, saltwater is tuff on brass...

OBN0379.jpg

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN, yeah I emailed them to ask for help but you guys already provided the info I thought maybe I lost a little snap ring or something similar. I noticed it had a double nut that was loose so I assume you put the caulking on that area and that would allow the know to turn but yet be adhered, didn't go too crazy so just letting it dry.

Aside from that, they are great headphones, really clear and block out the noise great. I should be all set now, thanks everyone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does the knob turn if its siliconed? Seems like the method they may have used from the factory, I can see this being an issue for those who scuba or snokel, no? Thanks I'll give it a try.
I have used it to repair other GG ambhibians. You don't fill the entire chamber, just to top of shaft in ear cuff. Worked for me many times...

DT2016

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN is correct, you can fix it by using silicone caulking, put it in muff then put knob back on and let it set...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread