cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works for a while. It looks very similar to the one SunSpot supplies. They aren't particularly heavy duty. I've broke two of them in less than a year. I now use the ProHandle that you can get from Home Depot (online). Even though it says it only will fit up to 1 1/4", I managed to squeeze it onto my 1 3/8 wooden handle. It's more adjustable and seems heavier duty than the others I've seen and used.

ProHandle Ergonomic Universal Adjustable Handle Attachment-11189 - The Home De

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It works for a while. It looks very similar to the one SunSpot supplies. They aren't particularly heavy duty. I've broke two of them in less than a year. I now use the ProHandle that you can get from Home Depot (online). Even though it says it only will fit up to 1 1/4", I managed to squeeze it onto my 1 3/8 wooden handle. It's more adjustable and seems heavier duty than the others I've seen and used.

ProHandle Ergonomic Universal Adjustable Handle Attachment-11189 - The Home De

How long have you been using the pro handle? I looked at the two mentioned in this post and thought the pro handle had a weak link in the way the handle could be adjusted, held one with one screw.
I haven't used the ones I got yet, I just got them this week from amazon, I think they were $9. If they don't hold up I will be looking for something else, its a great idea.....even thinking of getting one for my pushbroom for my driveway and sidewalks....

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've tried both the Motus offerings and broke them both.

Products

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the Back Saver on my scoop since 2010, with NO problems whatsoever. :skullflag:

Attachments

• a16 (2).jpg
    a16 (2).jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 88

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the Back Saver on my scoop since 2010, with NO problems whatsoever. :skullflag:
With a small basket like yours, sure, that should work ok. When you have a big heavy Stealth, it will break.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have you been using the pro handle? I looked at the two mentioned in this post and thought the pro handle had a weak link in the way the handle could be adjusted, held one with one screw.
I haven't used the ones I got yet, I just got them this week from amazon, I think they were $9. If they don't hold up I will be looking for something else, its a great idea.....even thinking of getting one for my pushbroom for my driveway and sidewalks....
A couple of years now of heavy use. The handle attaching point seems like a very strong point on mine. It hasn't been an issue at all, except for having to tighten it from time to time. Same with the clamp bolts. They will loosen a bit now and then as the rubber gasket compresses. A quick twist on the wing nut(s) and you're off and running again.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use lift assist handles. Couple small hops of the handle to knock the sand out an take ring out of basket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread