tn_02.gif
and found...

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Should have asked to try mine while you were down here in Florida.....
I have an RTG and a Stavr M9 along with the 920Ix, the RTG sits at home, the Stavr M9 I like but I prefer the 920Ix. If I was working gravel or slightly larger rocks, in my opinion the Stavr would shine, seems to made with thicker SS.
Edit.....
Forgot to mention the Trex dry sand scoop I tried to use as a water scoop....after 2 times getting it repaired, the Stavr got purchased. It (Stavr) and the RTG are the only scoops I own that haven't been repaired however the RTG probably never will if it doesn't get used.
Need another RTG Casper? :-)
Cliff

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe me I was tempted to ask, I guess I should've.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I own the 920i and would not use any other. Chuck took the best attributes of previous scoops and worked them into one great scoop...the 920i. It is the best I've used on our Florida beaches. My only suggestion to Chuck was to offer a hybrid 920 with 1/4" holes as an option. So far, that option is not in the plan.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I just finished placing the order from Chucks website. Stealth 920ix hybrid. He's out of stock on carbon fiber handles so an ash handle from Home Depot will have to do for now. Hope I'll like it, damn things aren't cheap.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Adambomb had a thread talking about the handle repeatedly coming loose on his 920iX. I advised him to maybe double-nut it. Then he posted a picture - he has the standard handle clamp assembly. On mine I went with the beefed up assembly which uses 2 u-bolts to grip the handle. I've had zero problems with my handle coming loose.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I had some issues but loctite seems to have fixed it. If that doesn't work I will use a screw in the handle. i like the rtg scoops a lot but they just are not big enough compared to the 920

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My only suggestion to Chuck was to offer a hybrid 920 with 1/4" holes as an option. So far, that option is not in the plan.

Indian Steve added a strip of 1/4" metal fabric to cover part of the inside bottom on his 920iX, and he saves ear posts with that screen versus those dropping through the holes in the scoop. He also bolted hard drive (rare earth) magnets to the bottom to capture bobby pins and other small magnetic items to keep from scooping them over and over.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had some issues but loctite seems to have fixed it. If that doesn't work I will use a screw in the handle. i like the rtg scoops a lot but they just are not big enough compared to the 920
And that's exactly what I was looking for. I love my RTG, I just needed something bigger.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
I use both 920ix hybrid and a T-Rex 9.0
Like them both but what I like better about the 920ix is it's easier to pull out of a deeper hole.
The T Rex with the flat back seems to have far more suction in the hole the the 920 with it's forward swept back.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 920 hybrid. It was the first "real" scoop I have owned. My previous scoop was a hand scoop attached to an ax handle. When that one wore out, I stepped up and purchased the 920 hybrid. At the time I ordered it, I was living in St. Thomas, USVI. It paid for itself in three hunts. Now I am back in PA and use it a lot in local creeks and swimming holes, seems to work pretty well with the stones and gravel we have here in PA. It's a work horse!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I have a heavy, busted TRex 9.5 scoop in my garage. I used it for about 6 months before it broke on me and after seriously poor customer service I had it locally re-welded only to break in a different spot. I ONLY hunt dry and wet sand. No rocks except occasional pebbles. I went to the stealth 920ix and let me tell you straight up!!!!!! It's night and day. The 920ix SLICES sand like a hot knife cuts through butter and it pulls the same amount give or take as the Trex. It's also lighter and if you get it with the optional foot pad you'll thank yourself 10x over. Get the reinforcements, the foot pad, and the pinch type over the Ubolt. Mate it with a carbon fiber shaft (expensive but WELL worth it). It has ZERO flex and is super light.... The stealth/CF scoop combo is probably the best purchase I've made so far in way of strength, design, and weight. At close to 450.00 for the two, it aint cheap but with customer service the way they have it, it'll be the last scoop you'll ever need to buy.

And a great tip: don't try to dig full scoops every time. Nothing wrong with a 1/2 or 3/4 scoop and don't be in a hurry to rip it out of the ground. This tip goes for ANY scoop. It'll make it last longer. When we are pulling dimes and quarters all day and only occasionally getting that shiny stuff, a X00.00 dollar scoop means ALOT

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the order was placed last night at 2030, called Chuck this am to confirm, was told it's already at UPS and I should have it by Tues. AWESOME!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats!

I picked up a post hole digger handle for mine, Ash and strong & flexible, for $14.

Yeah, carrying the scoop it's certainly heavier than a carbon fiber handle, but the major advantage I see in it besides being cheap is that the handle floats straight up and easy to grab when I let go of it.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Chuck is real quick to get the orders out, even if it needs fabricated they seem to work at light speed.
As for the Carbon Fiber handle, other than expensive, it floats like a wood handle.

Cliff

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I have the 920 extreme hybrid and I love mine! Well worth the money.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Its awesome. I can dig 12-15'' targets in 2 scoops max.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions