CTX3030 Battery Warning

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX3030 Battery Warning

Dave who runs the Minelab repair center at Kellyco requested I post this

Be aware, anyone using the new CTX3030 battery on the original 3030 housing you need to be sure battery is fully seated all the way around housing before closing the clamps, if you don't the battery will leak... Hand seat the battery before closing the clamps making sure it is seated all the way around the battery......

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Upvote 0

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding. Not sure about the charger either. I just bought a new older style ctx. Charger works with the old batteries. But not with the new style batteries. Anyone have this problem? I have tried 2 different ones now. Sending both back. Can't be 2 bad brand new batteries can it?

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the heads up on this. I can see where if you aren't careful you will think the new improved battery and seal is seated properly and clamp down but with considerable effort. If you have to use too much force to latch the battery it probably isn't seated correctly. Better check several times to make sure the new improved battery is fully seated before trying to clamp down the latches.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A thank you to Treasure hunter for the heads up.
Even though I don't have one.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response on this...?
As I am not aware of a new charger for the new battery I hope there isn't!
Are you using the stock power adapter or another 12V source? If your power source/adapter is not good enough (right voltage and high enough current capability) the charger may fail on a new battery because its internal resistance is lower.

Last edited:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didnt quote anyone so I am guessing you are wanting a response from me. Well I had one bad battery. Minelab thought I also had a bad charger. They sent me a new charger and a charged battery. So far I have used the new battery and charger once. The charger, charged both of may batteries. The new and old. Gonna run one more cycle to see if all is good. Minelab is working hard to resolve the issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread