Made a pair of these bad boys!

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other week I made 2 beach scoops for a grand total of about $22. One is for myself (obviously) and the other is intended to be for my father or anyone else wanting to go. Had my first trial of use Wednesday and it worked surprisingly well. It was able to dig into the sand and sift all of the sand out with ease while keeping my finds at bay in the bottom of the scoop.

To be honest, my only complaint (if I had to complain about one) would be how close the handle was to the pvc after screwing it down to the scoop. Would have just been nice to have a little bit more room for my hand to fit for comfort.

Anyway, thought that I would share these puppies with the community for you all to bounce ideas or what not.

Materials:

2 1' Long 4" Wide PVC
2 Cabinet Handle
1 2'x3' Chicken Wire
2 6" Galvanized Steel Worm Gear Clamp

Happy Hunting,

Hockey_Detectorist

20160904_183159.jpg 20160904_183210.jpg 20160904_183223-1.jpg 20160904_183234.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a great Idea I was wondering if you had a long enough vacume hose could you use a wet vec that would suck up the sand filter it for  rings coins ect you would have to empty it every few minutes people would probably think you fell off a banana boat and you were nuts!!!!!!! You would probably have the beach to yourself, LOL Those are some nice scoops I always wonder why they cost so much I bet you could sell the designs for those and make a few bucks.. Nice job!!!!!

OP
OP
Hockey_Detectorist

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a great Idea I was wondering if you had a long enough vacume hose could you use a wet vec that would suck up the sand filter it for* rings coins ect you would have to empty it every few minutes people would probably think you fell off a banana boat and you were nuts!!!!!!! You would probably have the beach to yourself, LOL Those are some nice scoops I always wonder why they cost so much I bet you could sell the designs for those and make a few bucks.. Nice job!!!!!

You know, you might be onto something there ha. However, I feel i might be too lazy to even attempt at making those and selling them. As for the Vacuum idea, I will let you haul a full vacuum on your back for a good 2+/- hours on the beach haha.

Happy Hunting Brother,

Hockey_Detectorist

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread