Dual Field gold response

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do most gold jewelry targets give a sound that is easily heard or are most a very quiet sound that could easily be missed? The reason I ask is my tinnitis(constant ringing in my ears) is loud and annoying. I tried wearing my hearing aids so I might be able to hear subtle changes in the threshold but there is too much EMI. Deep nickles are easily heard so hopefully gold will be too. Haven't had much luck except for lots of small aluminum and iron quite deep in the wet sand and a few dimes,nickles and quarters. Maybe too much competition. Two other guys on the same beach. One waist deep, the other old dude had a very big coil with a chest mount unit. Didn"t see him dig anything. Not too impressed with the threshold on this Dual Field. It seem to waver back and forth not steady like the one on my DFX

Upvote 0

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a Gold item I can hear it. Try this and see if you can hear it. I also have constant ringing but it does not effect me and Metal Detecting.
Hey does that noise in my head bother you?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can hear a Nickel at depth, you will hear gold! The sound is exactly the same. Lead sinkers also sound just like gold with the Dual Field. Keep your threshold as LOW as you can with your hearing. If gold is there, the Dual Field WILL find it, and you WILL hear it! :skullflag:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no real "gold" sound as opposed to lead, silver, copper etc sound. Study the targets from multiple directions and listen for the "right" sound meaning an even rise and fall target response. Most iron will give a long drawn out sound or a double blip (but not all). I never found gold with the Dually the short time I had it but I got pretty good at not digging bobby pins or nails. Freshly burnt sparkler wires seemed to continuously fool me. I dug some 15-20" deep coinage so I know it is capable, but I just went back to the Excalibur for more enjoyable hunting and never digging iron.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go with a PI. Too many hot rocks here. Drove my DFX crazy. Seems to have no affect on this detector. Thank for the positive feed back. I think If I go as much as I can , eventually I'll strike gold. With the 920i it is a work out (BIG bucket) Just ordered the Raptor handle to make it easier to pull a full bucket of wet sand out of the hole

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread