Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got a battery charger.

Yes from what I recall on my old Excalibur I had to use a timer to avoid overcharging. I don't know if this still holds true maybe someone will chime in on this.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet looking machine, am liking the Orange in the background as well.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, it's all charged up ( 17 hours says the manual for the first charge ) and I may get out tomorrow but if not then Saturday. Still trying to wrap all this wire onto the shaft, why so much wire.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you Great Hunts with your new Xcal2. You will love it for sure. Have fun!!!!!!

HH

Dennis

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool... that is a very nice looking comfy chair for your detector.
I bought my detector its own bed beings my girl was tired of my detector sleeping in the middle with us.

Oh the detector is new :P :)

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Cool... that is a very nice looking comfy chair for your detector.
I bought my detector its own bed beings my girl was tired of my detector sleeping in the middle with us.

Oh the detector is new :P :)

Lol, that thought had crossed my mind.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Good luck! I have two Excal and love them both. We will be looking for your new post and great finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
If you are thinking "New Charger" or new battery...take a look at RNB Innovations' Excalibur LiPO EX3000.
I am reading about running times between charges of over 50 HOURS...at half the price of a replacement from Minelab.
They have LiPOs for the ATPro and ATX as well as other detectors. I'm saving my change...

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
As you'll soon find out, the extra cable is there so you can hip or chest mount the control pod and battery. Your arm will tell you when it's time! It's a beast to swing out of the water for any length of time. As for settings, I recommend you hunt in discriminate with a setting of 1 or 0 until you learn your countries coin sounds. With all the iron you say is present you will notice that your background threshold will null and then change pitch to a very low tone when you go over iron. It will stay low toned until you pass the coil over a better target. Don't let the tone discourage you as there is nothing wrong with the machine, but it can be annoying. If it bothers you pass your coil by your scoop or a coin in your hand to bring the threshold pitch higher. It will stay there until your coil goes over its next piece of iron. I don't believe the newer batteries can be overcharged. I charge mine for between 10-12 hours battery pod should feel a little warm when fully charged. Happy Hunting, looking forward to your results.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Thanks again guys I do hope in the near future I get something worth posting. It's been red hot all week here in the UK but tomorrow it's forecast heavy rain showers all day, the MD may be waterproof but I'm not lol, but I will be ready if it stops and if not Saturday is dry.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
As you'll soon find out, the extra cable is there so you can hip or chest mount the control pod and battery. Your arm will tell you when it's time! It's a beast to swing out of the water for any length of time. As for settings, I recommend you hunt in discriminate with a setting of 1 or 0 until you learn your countries coin sounds. With all the iron you say is present you will notice that your background threshold will null and then change pitch to a very low tone when you go over iron. It will stay low toned until you pass the coil over a better target. Don't let the tone discourage you as there is nothing wrong with the machine, but it can be annoying. If it bothers you pass your coil by your scoop or a coin in your hand to bring the threshold pitch higher. It will stay there until your coil goes over its next piece of iron. I don't believe the newer batteries can be overcharged. I charge mine for between 10-12 hours battery pod should feel a little warm when fully charged. Happy Hunting, looking forward to your results.
Thanks a lot I do understand all of what your saying and thanks for the battery charging times.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, it's all charged up ( 17 hours says the manual for the first charge ) and I may get out tomorrow but if not then Saturday. Still trying to wrap all this wire onto the shaft, why so much wire.
As mentioned, so you can mount the pod in a variety of locations. You think it's hard to wrap on the stock shaft? Try using the dive shaft! :censored:

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only machine I use right now ! Can't go wrong with it. I generally charge it over night for 8-10 hours. Then detect around 6 hours or so with it. Then charge it over night again for another 8-10 hours the night before my next trip out. The battery has never gone dead on me , and I never had any problems with it. Still on my original battery pod after about 3-4 years of use !

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Only machine I use right now ! Can't go wrong with it. I generally charge it over night for 8-10 hours. Then detect around 6 hours or so with it. Then charge it over night again for another 8-10 hours the night before my next trip out. The battery has never gone dead on me , and I never had any problems with it. Still on my original battery pod after about 3-4 years of use !

Thank you that sounds ideal. The manual says up to 19 hours detecting from a charge so I can easily charge once every 4 hunts or so.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
As mentioned, so you can mount the pod in a variety of locations. You think it's hard to wrap on the stock shaft? Try using the dive shaft! :censored:

I'm not doing any diving not with that Loch Ness Monster somewhere in this country.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not doing any diving not with that Loch Ness Monster somewhere in this country.
Really? That's what's stopping you? :laughing7: I thought Nessie was in Scotland? :icon_scratch:

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the sweet machine. Hope you find a lot of treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions