Best Book on Detecting Shallows via Snorkel ??

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a good Newbie book/ dvd on Snorkel/Detecting in shallower water.
The emphasis I'm looking for would be on techniques about managing both
under water -like maneuvering, recovery, etc. rather than beach reading or
best scoops or the usual stuff. I have a couple books that SAY Beach and shallow
water detecting but most seem to stop advising at the water line.

Please accept my thanks in advance,

Andrew

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any books or DVD's related to swallow water snorkeling. I've used a Seadoo propelling system to cover more of the bottom faster. Also Hookah air system instead of snorkel. skidoo.jpe

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,

What do you do with your detector while your a' Thunderballing under the sea??

Andrew

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ive snorkeled and detected, think im in super good shape, scuba certified, swim team, grew up on a lake. but snorkeling with a detector is very very hard and you have to be in crazy good shape, it kicks my butt. worst part is runnin out of air before you recover target. then you have to go down and find it again. its just really tough to do for me. as far as a book or video not sure if there is any, its just trial and errror. weight belt with small amount of weight really helps, just more dangerous. good luck and stay safe

hopefully a guy named casper willl see this, he is snorkel expert, finds good stuff, he has his lil niche down to a science. but i think he stays on foot, snorkel just above water, then goes down for target, not sure tho.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your best source of info for that might just be searching all of the forums. I hooked up with one of the best in florida many years ago and came home with some great footage..Chuck can hold his breath several minutes.. Casper is coming down to visit come next spring, might be a good idea to get him on film, but water vis here is less the 12 inch's.. And I'll be out Tuesday with my friend Brad with his sweet look boat and a hooka setup hunting some dive platforms ... will need to get a few shots of that also...

Remember I did this video over 6 years ago, some of the first detecting videos of the day, so all is a little out dated..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
havent finished my book yet:tongue3:
will PM link to some of my articles

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think your best source of info for that might just be searching all of the forums. I hooked up with one of the best in florida many years ago and came home with some great footage..Chuck can hold his breath several minutes.. Casper is coming down to visit come next spring, might be a good idea to get him on film, but water vis here is less the 12 inch's.. And I'll be out Tuesday with my friend Brad with his sweet look boat and a hooka setup hunting some dive platforms ... will need to get a few shots of that also...

Remember I did this video over 6 years ago, some of the first detecting videos of the day, so all is a little out dated..

he has gills????? jeepers the dude is beast on breath holding

OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that on you-tube! Awesome & inspirational.
Partly what made me ask if there's more formal material.

Gonna re-watch today,

Andrew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread