Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and do a lot of research on old beaches around New England - or any where else I plan on trying to go to
I came across this old post card the other day - its of a beach I used to hit years ago - years ago I used to do very well here in the old gold and old finds depts.
one of my finds was this old beach tag/locker tag - after finding it I tried finding out anything about Rudd's and came up empty
not a big deal for those that are just in it for the gold ...but for me its part of the hobby
This postcard I think is from the early 1900s... this place was wiped out by the 1938 hurricane
Now I have the name with the place - for me its cool
postcard_5-936x621.jpg thumbnail_DSC00106.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you look out towards water in pic...what you see is a dive platform that was like 50 yrds out from shore - its was probably in 8-10 feet of water
to its right - not in this pic - was a huge floating platform
I plan on taking my snuba out there on Monday - so hoping to get some more old stuff - will keep
everyone posted if I follow thru with hunt

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck Mr. Casper!! Love those tags, They sure sound good and a great sign the place had some traffic! If I find them here most I will flip over to hide the beach name....:skullflag:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. I like that more than some of the rings you have found.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The research sometimes rewards us as much as the finds .

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Mr. Casper!! Love those tags, They sure sound good and a great sign the place had some traffic! If I find them here most I will flip over to hide the beach name....:skullflag:

Come on obn show us where you are hunting so we can come in mass.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casper,

Good score on the bath house tag....good luck when checking out the dive platform.

Regards + HH

Bill

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool, the history of finding spots that are not there is one thing I am trying to do right now.Trying to find a town site that was washed away in a flood.There should still be something to indicate it was there.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool matching the tag to the bath house it came from...old stuff like that is better than gold...well, almost.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IVE KNOWN PLENTY OF GUYS OVER THE YEARS THAT WOULD CONSIDER IT JUNK
If it aint a precious metal piece of jewelry or a coin - it gets scrapped or thrown away
I used to go to big flea markets when I was a kid and would see guys looking for all kinds of stuff that they collect and to most would seem worthless
a guy collected keys - the older or more unusual the better - guy collected dog lisc. - a woman collected buttons early 1900s and before (she almost had a heart attack when I brought her a box of 1700 early 1800s flat buttons - I know guys that have buckets of them - but try and find some that old anywhere else - good luck) - cracker jack toys - anything military - new or old - anything to do with old comic characters or tv or movie related collectibles etc
I tell people - make sure its actually junk before you dismiss it - cause someone out there just may want it

Cool matching the tag to the bath house it came from...old stuff like that is better than gold...well, almost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions