Florida Trip 10/30 to 11/4

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm leaving Virginia the morning of the 30th for a 10 hour drive to Winter Springs, home of Kellyco, and our moderator friend Treasure_Hunter. I look forward to meeting him, and of course the Kellyco crew. I'll spend a bit of time there, couple or three days and then drive down to the Lauderdale area to meet Pat Cat! A couple or three days there I'll head back North.

Along the way I'm open to meet more members if the opportunity happens.

I've wanted to walk through Kellyco for a while - pick up some goodies I can't think to order. Just walking through I'm sure it's going to cost me some money - but I'll try to budget.

I also want to hit the water some. I've only 50 hours on my Excal, and I'm sure I'm going to learn a heck of a lot there.

Anyone here want to get together, just leave a message at the beep!

Keep the faith. And it's time for some fun.

I don't want it to get too DEEP!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd have slept a lot later, but the room's alarm clock went off. Now I'm groggy and need a shower! Then there's that around 10 hour push home. I'd really rather to be asleep still.....

Too bad you didn't know I was in town! I would anticipate it'll be a spell before I make that trip again.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one told me... heh :P

I am not part of the "inner circle"... I am the "lone wolf" I guess :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywa... off to see the wizard.

Have a good safe trip back Deep.
Next time friend.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a beautiful day at the beach. The water was flat due to an east wind.

They sanded this in since the last time I was here. I found some clad, a hot wheel, electronic cigarettes and miscellaneous junk.

I was testing out a new gold program on the CTX, I think I like it pretty well, after the testing.

The bad part- $2.50 an hour to park. So, a 4 hour hunt on a St. Pete Beach will cost you over $9. I'm not going back... if I can't find enough to at least pay for parking, not worth it. There are other places to hunt.

I sent an email to the City Manager of St. Pete Beach that related my displeasure at the increased parking costs. They are gouging tourists... they got me once, they won't get me twice.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The drive from Georgia took 8 hours, and of course I was pushing it. Now I'm home, just got in and booted up my PC.

I'm pooped! I think I'll lay down and rest for a little while, get the road out of my eyes & ears, before I unpack and sort things out.

AARC, threads do drop off due to activity here, but I posted this thread on September 21. If you'd have seen it and jumped in, I'd have met you in a New Jersey minute!

Next time I drop down will be for the Summer Cook Out, if it happens.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they have a cookout again.
My girl and I have penciled in a trip.
want to stay for a few days +.

Got a lot of things to get done prior... but will be working toward it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread