Florida Trip 10/30 to 11/4

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm leaving Virginia the morning of the 30th for a 10 hour drive to Winter Springs, home of Kellyco, and our moderator friend Treasure_Hunter. I look forward to meeting him, and of course the Kellyco crew. I'll spend a bit of time there, couple or three days and then drive down to the Lauderdale area to meet Pat Cat! A couple or three days there I'll head back North.

Along the way I'm open to meet more members if the opportunity happens.

I've wanted to walk through Kellyco for a while - pick up some goodies I can't think to order. Just walking through I'm sure it's going to cost me some money - but I'll try to budget.

I also want to hit the water some. I've only 50 hours on my Excal, and I'm sure I'm going to learn a heck of a lot there.

Anyone here want to get together, just leave a message at the beep!

Keep the faith. And it's time for some fun.

I don't want it to get too DEEP!

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Be Safe and Enjoy that time out!! Get us some Pictures!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PLEASE DO ME TWO FAVORS??

give T_H a hug for me and buy him a beer! I will pay you back.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Be Safe and Enjoy that time out!! Get us some Pictures!!

I'm not forgetting you may head to a place near Indian Steve and me within a few weeks here, and you're certainly on our calendar!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
PLEASE DO ME TWO FAVORS??

give T_H a hug for me and buy him a beer! I will pay you back.

Well Jeff, I'll certainly buy him a beer! He and I probably aren't the huggie sorts when it comes to same gender!

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jeff, I'll certainly buy him a beer! He and I probably aren't the huggie sorts when it comes to same gender!

Not that's there's anything wrong with that.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reads like a great trip Deep!
Even the meeting notorious characters part.( kidding,kidding..)
Beware that Florida sun ,it will burn you fast.
First time visiting I was second degree in about a half hour...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22126.gif

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everyone can use a hug, regardless of gender. :) Anyway, wishing you and your company a great time. Have fun and find the good stuff.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun in Florida !!!! Give that xcal a workout, and find some good stuff :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still looking forward to my Florida trip, as scheduled. Right now I'm concerned about the safety of the friends I plan to meet. We need to keep them in our thoughts and pray for the best during Matthew's invasion.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not forgetting you may head to a place near Indian Steve and me within a few weeks here, and you're certainly on our calendar!

OBN has landed in the Mountains by the Lake......... Let me know a good day, My best time is during the day Thursday or Friday, little guys are going to have me running the weekend so more then likely I won't be able to walk for a few days after.......:laughing7:

Brought my junk but best we just do a set down or I can come out and meet you guys on a hunt. I'll watch only....

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everyone!

I'm sitting in a motel room in St. Petersburg, FL going to meet up with GIB tomorrow.

I met TH my first night - A good guy in my book!

The following day I visited Kellyco. The place is a museum! I met the Minelab crew there, Marty and two others. I saw the backlog of machines in for repair. Good gracious! What happened there, along with Barry's passing, is that Minelab repair/replacement parts are very long lead time items, months on some parts. The guys there are doing the very best they can do.

Demerits for Minelab!

Then I dropped down to Lauderdale and met up with pat-tekker-cat :) We got one 4 or 5 hour beach hunt in at Hollywood Beach. I did a small clad haul, and Pat found some crusty junk jewelry. Nothing significant except good company and great sunshine. The waves were pounding, so water hunting wasn't the best option, though Pat did get into the shallows a wee bit.

We didn't do another hunt today, and I drove over to St. Pete this afternoon to meet up with GIB! So far we'll be hitting to water tomorrow! I may stay another day, and then I'm heading back to Virginia.

I need to get out more!!! TH and Pat cat are friends forever! I expect the same in meeting GIB! We have a great community here.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got my machine charging up! I'm looking forward to a great hunt in the morning.

Low tide is at 9:30 and the wind is out of the east, northeast so the surf should be nothing.

I hope we get to post some great stuff!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Right on, right on, right on!

I finally used my new RnB Excal battery a little bit yesterday, supposed to be good for 40 hours hunt time. But the stock rechargeable spent some time on charge too, so I should be absolutely ready for the day. I thought the stock battery was fully charged when I came down, but it gave out, and ended our hunt yesterday.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be heading down in a few weeks

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be heading down in a few weeks

By all means keep us updated to your schedule!

I've enjoyed this trip - I did something memorable this year!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, I'm not normally a picture taker, just wasn't on my mind at the times.

G.I.B. and I met at the St. Pete Beach, he was swinging his CTX getting a grip on it, set himself up a test garden on the beach.

When I met TH, he'd found me a "shortie" wet suit (thanks TH!) and I wore that in the water, went chest deep a couple times as the water was pretty calm. Those locals had swept that beach pretty thoroughly. But I didn't mind all, I was doing it.

G.I.B. was a great host, I got to take a shower at the yacht club, look at his boat - he's a parrot guy too. We had lunch and I headed North. I'm in a Motel 6 somewhere in Georgia, about an hour North of the Florida line.

When I say "too", I got to watch Pat and her two parrots playing with each other, all 3 - I have never seen anything like that, it was almost miraculous, utterly beautiful. TH's beautiful red parrot was all over me, wanted to pick my teeth! Beautiful birds I saw!

It was a great trip, I've met with friends, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Thanks my friends.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St pete beach has been worked more than any other beach around...
There are guys that live on that beach that have worked it pre dawn for eons.
It is their exercise.

Sunset... T.I... Madeira... or south into passagrille is worked less.
Fort Desoto is the only St. Pete beach for me anymore..
I take the RV and boat and camp out for a weekend from time to time.
All of the above have been more kind to me over the years.

I worked St. Pete beach for years... best find was a nugget ring back in the 90's.

I also met Treasure Hunter and Col Dan at St pete beach while ago and dragged them north...
Was cool meeting but more of a play day for me as opposed to me seriously working and was also just testing an ML setup.

I am up for a meet / working any beaches on "any given Sunday".
Sat is my morn...
As well as this morn :P

Sitting here waiting for sun break as we speak. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions