🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didn't knock myself out with it - but did clean it a little -
thumbnail_DSC00116.jpg
I looked at it with a large magnifying glass to see the markings in side and verify that it was in fact 10k
I took it out again and looked at it with a stronger magnifier yesterday and saw something that I have
seen twice before in other rings - if you look at the ring - you'll see no wear on the gold - there are no chips
or scratches on the glass stone - I believed the ring was lost not long after the owner had it - I could be wrong
what I saw with stronger magnifier is fine scratches -(ive tried taking a close up of inside but no good)
bunch of them all around the inside -
Know what these are from? - ring was on a necklace !
So - either girlfriend took it off and threw it out there -(and it was way out there from shore)
or necklace broke and it was legitimately lost
it had been long time between targets and though I did check right around where found - I would have spiraled
out from it to check for chain had I known
- I see lots of pendants found out there with no chains
when you find a pendant - you should turn to all metal and crank sensitivity and slowly spiral around outward from where it was dug
had I known the scratches were in there - I would have gridded the area to see if there was a necklace
ive found 2 wedding bands with 100s of similar fine scratches in them in the past --same situation
could not see them with the naked eye - so did not search for a possible necklace

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the thoughts, you gum-shoe.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Holy smokes that's a honker ! I bet that looked good going "clank clank" in your basket !

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
its tough to find them, have spent a lot of time scuba when i find a pendant, fanning digging and detecting for chains, have never really found one unless it was attached. so even with all the time in the world and being right there looking at the spot, the chains are still very elusive. cool old ring tho and good detective work as usual

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT WOULD BE VERY TOUGH IN NOISY OR ROUGH CONDITIONS - BUT I HUNT IN ALL METAL - I CRANK SENSITIVITY UP AND HAVE A GOOD STEADY HUM
AND SWING LIKE A SNAIL IF I KNOW IM LOOKING FOR A CHAIN - AND GO FOR SLIGHTEST FLUCTUATIONS - OF COURSE THIS ONLY WORKS WITH FRESH DROPS USUALLY - AND I HIT MOSTLY OLD SPOTS - I CANT SAY IVE EVER PULLED A DEEP OLD GOLD CHAIN YET

its tough to find them, have spent a lot of time scuba when i find a pendant, fanning digging and detecting for chains, have never really found one unless it was attached. so even with all the time in the world and being right there looking at the spot, the chains are still very elusive. cool old ring tho and good detective work as usual

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
i have a vibra pointer, may have to bring that with, would be cool to recover a few chains for sure.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEARS AGO IN FRESH CLEAR WATER - BECAUSE I WEAR A MASK - I EYE BALLED A FINE CHAIN GLINTING OUT OF THE SAND AND ANOTHER TIME A THIN ROPE BRACELET - WHEN I PASSED OVER IT - IT GAVE OFF SLIGHTEST SIGNAL LIKE A BB - A SIGNAL THAT MOST WOULD PASS UP
- SO ANOTHER REASON I WEAR A MASK 99% OF THE TIME

i have a vibra pointer, may have to bring that with, would be cool to recover a few chains for sure.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Thanks for reposting cleaned up ring!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good detective work and a very nice class ring, congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread