Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS ALL OUT THERE - USE GOOGLE OR YOUR FAV SEARCH ENGINE - TYPE IN OLD SWIMMING HOLE, OLD BEACH, BEACH (AND YOUR AREA)... OLD PICS OF BEACH...HISTORY OF PONDS, LAKES, RIVERS IN YOUR AREA ...WATERFALLS ETC - ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF - ITS OUT THERE
THEN IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE - ONCE YOU FIND THE OLD SPOT - TYPE IN EXAMPLE =OLD JOHNS POND LETS SAY - YOU FOUND OUT THEY SWAM THERE - TRY SEARCHING RAFT ON OLD JOHNS POND ...ROPE SWING ON OLD JOHNS POND...CAMPS ON OLD JOHNS POND ---ON GOOGLE YOU CAN THEN CLICK ON IMAGES AT TOP OF THE PAGE AND GET OLD PICS AND OLD POSTCARDS SOMETIMES OF PLACES AS I DO
TRY DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS OF WORDS AND YOU SHOULD GET DIFFERENT RESULTS

Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Say if you keep getting sites you don't want to see. To narrow it down in the search engine type the -www.unwantedsite.com and your results will be less anything from that site. If your researching homes Google might only list real estate sites first, it's easy to clear up.
-Zillow.com, -realestate.com etc...

You can can also get priority on a site by adding say johns pond in search engine and +treasurenet.com.

The search will then come up with all the words that match from that site only.

also. Click the images tab on Google. I find myself searching on my phone to much , good searching requires a sit down desk etc.

i dont use bing, or yahoo. But there fine. Dogpile is a compilation of the three I think if it's still there.

if it's not written online in last 20 years there may be limited info online. Like antiques.

Gl -Joe

ITS ALL OUT THERE - USE GOOGLE OR YOUR FAV SEARCH ENGINE - TYPE IN OLD SWIMMING HOLE, OLD BEACH, BEACH (AND YOUR AREA)... OLD PICS OF BEACH...HISTORY OF PONDS, LAKES, RIVERS IN YOUR AREA ...WATERFALLS ETC - ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF - ITS OUT THERE
THEN IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE - ONCE YOU FIND THE OLD SPOT - TYPE IN EXAMPLE =OLD JOHNS POND LETS SAY - YOU FOUND OUT THEY SWAM THERE - TRY SEARCHING RAFT ON OLD JOHNS POND ...ROPE SWING ON OLD JOHNS POND...CAMPS ON OLD JOHNS POND ---ON GOOGLE YOU CAN THEN CLICK ON IMAGES AT TOP OF THE PAGE AND GET OLD PICS AND OLD POSTCARDS SOMETIMES OF PLACES AS I DO
TRY DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS OF WORDS AND YOU SHOULD GET DIFFERENT RESULTS

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find Senior citizens and engage them in conversation. They will know the history of an area that is not on the internet.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Find Senior citizens and engage them in conversation. They will know the history of an area that is not on the internet.

This was very effective when I first started detecting, as a teenager, in the 1970s. Back then, when you talked to someone in their 80s or 90s, they could remember the turn of the century, teens, 20's, etc.... But nowadays, even the oldest folks I talk to, can , at best, recall the '30s and '40s. Still old enough for silver (if they can recall WWII era camp resort, picnic spots, swim spots, etc...), but it's now out of the era of seateds and barbers durnit :) Unless, of course, they are recalling something that had older usage before their time as well.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Many Thanks to the guy that is always there with info..........Mr. Casper ..who could have wrote a book but offers all for free

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many Thanks to the guy that is always there with info..........Mr. Casper ..who could have wrote a book but offers all for free

I will X2 that one for a fact....:thumbsup:

I will add, there are also others here on TNet that share lots of good knowledge, knowledge that took them years of learning, but are proud to sum it up for us newbies and make
it easier for us to learn quicker and be better at this great hobby. So, hats off to all the other detectorist that have paved our way and made the road not as bumpy as they had found it.:coffee2:

Last edited:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
+1 to this. Casper thanks for your contributions to the hobby. Always good reads and very helpful. -Joe

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the option of having furniture busting sex with the wife of a lake front property owner, then asking her to put the word in, as you empty his liquor cabinet together...........But net searches will likely prove to be less hazardous.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agreed... I have learned of knowledge of things from the "oldtimers" that "just does not exist elsewhere".

Back in the day ... When trying to learn an areas history... there was no internet.
In those days I spent countless hours in library's ... so much time that I cannot express a estimate.
Some times...
the better part of a full day.

Then I would meet someone "who was there" and had "details"... details that sometimes would "put the pieces together".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the option of having furniture busting sex with the wife of a lake front property owner, then asking her to put the word in, as you empty his liquor cabinet together...........But net searches will likely prove to be less hazardous.

Is there a banner for "permission strategy" ?

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp