May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not sure what's going on. I have found 3 iPhones in the last few weeks and zero gold. My last gold ring was found early July. Just found a 6s Plus in the water at the low tide edge this weekend. It was coming up a 13.18 on my CTX. It's in perfect condition too just won't turn on...guess I will be selling it for parts. I don't mind finding phones, iPhones are worth a lot more than silver.

Upvote 0

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
As I was reading your post I thought that's the future of jewelry hunters in this hobby.

Seems people these days spend more on a phone than they will on a wedding band... titanium and stainless....pshhht! You know that person did! :laughing7:

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much is a waterlogged iPhone 6 worth these days?

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
As I was reading your post I thought that's the future of jewelry hunters in this hobby.

Seems people these days spend more on a phone than they will on a wedding band... titanium and stainless....pshhht! You know that person did! :laughing7:

Agreed. We might be searching for computers, phones, etc instead of rings...

How much is a waterlogged iPhone 6 worth these days?

It sold for $100...probably could of gotten more

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the $100 dollar profit! GL & HH

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Hey I wouldnt mind finding Iphones and selling them for scrap lol they sell for good coin the newer model you find! Lets call them ... electronic gold ! HH !

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold an I PHONE 6S PLUS last year on ebay and got $250...advertised it as found in the water, not working, for parts.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I sold an I PHONE 6S PLUS last year on ebay and got $250...advertised it as found in the water, not working, for parts.

With the iphone 7 out the prices just dropped a lot. I probably could of gotten $150 if i was patient. An iphone 6s i found sold for just under $200 but another iphone 6 i found just after the 7 announcement sold for $88

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting! In this case I look forward to finding one!

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This^^

Some even put phones/Iphones/data plans ahead of food and their kids sadly... phone/text/data is the new age addiction it seems.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the iphone 7 out the prices just dropped a lot. I probably could of gotten $150 if i was patient. An iphone 6s i found sold for just under $200 but another iphone 6 i found just after the 7 announcement sold for $88
Your right...every time a new model comes out, the price of the older models drop.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple iphones this year, but assumed no good, gave to grandkids to play with......oh well. Not really sure which model they were, just new they were Apple iphones and did not
read which model. Will pay closer attention from now on, thanks for heads up on this....:thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Your right...every time a new model comes out, the price of the older models drop.

Yea the one I found the week of the announcement. I probably lost $100 on it just because of the iphone 7. It was the 6 model so 2 versions back. Still I am happy to get anything for them. They are pretty much the only thing I actually sell now. Keeping gold/silver for the time being.

Found a couple iphones this year, but assumed no good, gave to grandkids to play with......oh well. Not really sure which model they were, just new they were Apple iphones and did not
read which model. Will pay closer attention from now on, thanks for heads up on this....:thumbsup:

Yea they are great because companies want them for the parts. They use them to fix other iphones. Even the older models are worth $50-$100. Androids aren't as valuable but they sell too.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing wrong with that treasure!!
I would take I Phones over the gold I'm finding.. most is small, I got fairly good at digging phones when I was at the ocean.. you feel that little impact as you hit it with the scoop, so you pull out the scoop and dig about 6 inch behind... I am Phoneless this year since I no longer do the fresh drops..

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you sell them on eBay? I have found one phone in 3 years of detecting and cannot remember what I did with it. It's wasn't an iPhone though.

Last edited:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shall stick to tired and true rotary phones

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Do you sell them on eBay? I have found one phone in 3 years of detecting and cannot remember what I did with it. It's wasn't an iPhone though.

I've sold a few on ebay but recently got a better deal online at one of the 'we buy your iphone' shops. I think its all the same people bidding who own those shops...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread