Greenie
Dec 23, 2005
UK
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Tesoro SS 11
Tesoro SS Micromax
Compass Yukon 77B
Brilliant show. I haven't seen all episodes as I don't have tv now but saw a lot of the first series. Cannot watch online as internet too slow for that.
But when I did watch it, it reminded me what it used to be like detecting here. Now its so difficult to get permission to go on land and almost impossible in most cases because detecting became so popular farmers and landowners got sick of people asking or trespassing etc.
Back in the 70's you could go anywhere but not now. So I just beach hunt now when I can.

depwraith

Jan 10, 2017
Pinellas Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and a
Detector Pro Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having a hard time finding it on Netflix on the search screen too...it doesn't show up on the left list but will show up on the right side of the screen so try again.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DailyMotion, guys. Free. d/l or stream. No need to know anything else.

Not that it matters, but the correct grammer for the series is 'detectorists', with the lower case d.
---sincerely, the grammernazi

Not that it matters but the correct spelling is 'grammar'.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not that it matters but the correct spelling is 'grammar'.

And we have a Winner! That was intentional and now you have taken my title and I can retire in piece. :laughing7:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must admit I listen to that song at least once before I go on my journey. That is definitely metal detecting music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw you guys mention this show so, last night I looked it up on Netflix and watched the entire 1st season! This show is great and not only is the writing very well done, the actors seem to be perfectly cast for their roles. I will watch season 2 this weekend I am sure. I am very happy to have run across this topic or I would have never even known the show existed at all.

Thanks,

Bill

Sodapop

Nov 14, 2016
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd never heard of the show until I saw this thread. I binge watched both seasons over the last two days. Excellent show and thanks for the heads up! I hope that there will be a third season.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fav line is in episode #1 where Crook asks his GF if she wants to attend the meeting that night.

'What's the presentation on?'
'Buttons.'
'(incredulously) Buttons? F--- Off!'

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fav line is in episode #1 where Crook asks his GF if she wants to attend the meeting that night.

'What's the presentation on?'
'Buttons.'
'(incredulously) Buttons? F--- Off!'

I think I'll give that a miss!

Lol that show is amazing! The writing is fantastic!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both series of 'detectorists' on DVD so I can watch whenever I need a 'fix'. :occasion14:

Attachments

• 100_9915 - Copy.JPG
    100_9915 - Copy.JPG
    862.7 KB · Views: 118

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I watched season 2 all at once and really enjoyed it. Sort of sad really when you get to the end of a season of a great series. The last episode appeared to leave a lot of things up in the air making it ripe for a third season so, I really, really hope they make one. I'll probably watch them all again in a few months, ha ha.

Bill

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It too is a favorite of mine. I had never heard of it until a couple of months ago. During my move up north we stayed at an air B&B for a couple of months and they had Netflix. I limited my watching to one episode a night because there were other series I also had to see everyone, like Roadkill, Hercule Poirot, Hoyle's War, Rosemary & Thyme.

I really tried hard to find my favorite of all time, Are you being served? no luck but youtube has a lot of them.

yes, I know Roadkill is not Brit but I had to see all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread