Hitting the beach

treasureaddict

Apr 17, 2015
florida
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be south of Sebastian inlet looking for Spanish treasure, 60 80 winds , strong surf and low tide at 7:01 in the morning Saturday, not getting any better then that image.jpeg

Upvote 0

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
even if you could get to the beaches they will be underwater with 80-100mph on shore winds with waves breaking over the roads.. btw, 80mph is where you atart being blown off your feet. like not gonna happen, sorry! Hit it when it opens back up!

Would I try if I lived on the island? Sure! But not alone and I'd be extremely careful and know exactly what the wind is going to be doing over the next 8 hours. i'd also plan for
being stranded and without power, water, or medical help.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five weeks after a storm took out 12-15' of dune at Bethany Beach, DE, I was still finding a quazillion targets. So much beach, so few detectorists.

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
even if you could get to the beaches they will be underwater with 80-100mph on shore winds with waves breaking over the roads.. btw, 80mph is where you atart being blown off your feet. like not gonna happen, sorry! Hit it when it opens back up!

Would I try if I lived on the island? Sure! But not alone and I'd be extremely careful and know exactly what the wind is going to be doing over the next 8 hours. i'd also plan for
being stranded and without power, water, or medical help.

Spot on FLGP. Wabasso beach was wiped out right at that intersection. Waves were to and over the dunes in that entire area. The entire beach will be underwater for periods of time.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by looking at the webcams along the east coast, there not beach gone .

mr etrackr

Nov 23, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX-3030 , explorer SE & excall 1000, excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the tides and low is at 1011 AM. I am going to be there as early as I can.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the tides and low is at 1011 AM. I am going to be there as early as I can.....
Better check again low tide is 7:13 am Sat and 8:15 am Sunday.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to the East coast this weekend...just trying to figure out where to go....not looking for the 1715 treasure...looking for the modern gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread