Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did my 2nd beach clad coin drop today at Bank of America. About 1.5 years ago they stopped taking rolled coins and make you put them in large bags. The bags are sent out, free of charge, to a counting facility. Roughly 10 days later they credit your account. I usually do it twice a year when my container is full and me and my daughter sort and count the coins. She keeps the really rough ones.

The last bag was about $23 short and I just thought I might have miscounted. Well my last deposit was $86 short. I know exact counts by denomination because we use a mechanical counter. It's very accurate.

So now I'm doing battle with them for my $86 or the rejected coins. I'd be happy with either.

Upvote 0

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, sorry to hear about the shortage. Hopefully, they will make it right. Thanks for the warning.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bank at Wells Fargo. After I clean the coins I roll them. I have deposited as little as $60 and as much as $250. They have no problem taking them.HH GFP

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sucks big time. thanks for the info

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
why not just use the coin machines at walmart or your local Publix. Of course they get 4 percent of the amount but you get the money instantly.

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why not just use the coin machines at walmart or your local Publix. Of course they get 4 percent of the amount but you get the money instantly.

The coin star machines actually won't charge a fee if you purchase a gift card. Just learned that. I won't be using the bank anymore.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread