Unholy ring hunt

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was following some storm but predictions for waves activity was mediocre in best case so i was thinking to stay at local beaches. But when i see fresh picture of beach that waves come very high up to beach i make my call and book my air ticket at midnight. Wake up call was 4 am and flight at 7am. Around 10am i was at hotel and 10:30am at beach gate but main beach was closed and opening was schedule for tomorrow. I waste no time and i seat in taxi to check other beach, luckily second beach was open with few nice cuts on upper part of beach. So i make my plan, since was very hot and a people just start coming at beach i decided to come afternoon and to avoid crowd and heat. Around 2:30PM i was on the beach again and i start working cuts, i didn't make picture of cuts which i feel sorry now. Targets were numerous , rings, coins with not so many pull tabs and and junk. Ring after ring come, mostly silver , in 25m2 i maybe find 10 silver rings but no gold . At some time it became funny 3 targets 3 silver rings. I try every trick i know but gold was eluding. I push my self to my fiscal limits and work around 5h without stopping.At near end i got some weak low tone ring signal and one ring come out I was not sure is gold or not since was dark already but i was thinking maybe i got one eventually.
When i come at hotel body count was like this:
31 rings total
17 silver ring
1 silver pedant
3 silver bracelet
1 990 2gr palladium ring my first ever , i was thinking it is just one more silver ring
1 18k 2.2gr white gold with ice , it was gold :)
36 keys
46 clad coins
and some pull tabs and other junk items
This was my best day for rings ever, I mostly search dry and wet send. Pictures 1 and 2 r from day one.
Pictures r not so good since i was very very tired. Maybe latter i can provide better.
Day second , early in morning i head it to main beach to find it on my disappointed that is still close, so i turn back on yesterday crime scene but again no luck with gold , still 8 silver rings come to surface(picture 3)
Afternoon i go back to main beach and i find out is flattened but not washed and without cuts. However i start hitting targets until 1:30h police come with beach security and push me from the beach saying it is not allowed to detect on it. I quietly go but i can smell the gold in that area. I say to myself doesn't matter i will try again in the morning again.Picture no 4 is second day silver finds.
3rd Day , i come on beach at opening to hit same place where i was pushed out last night but unfortunately 5min latter security guard come an tell me to move again.
I was piss off but i didn't lose my hope yet. I head it to second beach where at least nobody stop me detecting.
I hit area where i previously search bu just few targets left. So i go for high tide mark . Suddenly one gold ring show up very shallow .Small but hey first gold,
few meters away from him in same line second show up, this really encourage me a lot but until end of hunt i get only one more gold target in same area and few silver rings in other. At 10am my hunting was over and i was on the way to hotel and latter to the airport.Picture 5 is gold finds , small gold wedding band 3gr 24k, 2.2gr 24k gold earring ( i didn't looked it closely at first place so latter on my surprise i find out it is earring not ring) and part of gold bracelet or necklace 0.7gr 24k.
So total count was 6+oz of silver and 10gr of gold. Perfect for silver count bu much under my expectation for gold since no heavy pieces at all.
I didn't make any profit on this trip when i cut the the tickets and hotel but it was epic ring hunt and i learn a lot about gold moves at the beach. About thiis thing i will write in new subject : Discussion and conclusions .

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg DSC_0470.JPG DSC_0474.JPG DSC_0473.JPG
DSC_0471.JPG
Thanks for watching and HH!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty gold!

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AWESOME ! Thats a hunt to remember for sure !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What can I say? :notworthy: :skullflag:

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. That's a great hunt and lots of rings. That must have been a lot of fun.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds

OP
OP
M

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,

it memorable and extorting but i think all good hunts r like that :)
24K gold is really special and my favorite , color is so unique. My second favorite is 18k rose gold.
How do we count 990 palladium like 10k? :laughing7:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, that is what I call scoring it at the beach. :icon_thumleft: Well Done!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just exactly where is this beach?? :laughing7: That's a lot of rings! What was their problem with you hunting the "main" beach? Is it a private beach?

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch