Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive thought for years of trying to make something you could use at spots where detecting not allowed
actually if you were to use a metal rake and a mask in calm waters - you might do well as long as its good sand
metal on metal makes a different sound than metal on rocks or shells
but some sort of drag scoop - like 3 feet wide could be good

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also for years ive wanted to detect down there - got to wonder if I would have survived - they would probably beat a detectorists to death

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i ask my Brazilian friend does they carry jewellery to the beach he say no it is risky to carry anything of high value on the street( they worry they will lose on the way to the beach not at the beach:) ) so if locals don't risk it i don't think is worth to risk it since quantity of jewelry probably much lower then in normal countries.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like in Caribean islands or in Fla. vacay spots - normally youre not looking for local jewelry but tourists jewelry

When i ask my Brazilian friend does they carry jewellery to the beach he say no it is risky to carry anything of high value on the street( they worry they will lose on the way to the beach not at the beach:) ) so if locals don't risk it i don't think is worth to risk it since quantity of jewelry probably much lower then in normal countries.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen a few hunters doing that before but can't remember where I seen it posted, it's been several years now. Kool idea but lots of work for sure.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha, "For me, finding gold is better than an orgasm!" LOL, I think this fella would fit right in with us! Love it! Thanks for sharing Casper.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a book on using a beach rake device. Can't find it now.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to try one of those things. Quick checks with a detector show that's where the targets are but no way to get them - except with one of those... wonder if there are some youtube videos.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search on Tnet! A few years ago I posted a plan & a couple pics of what we called a beach cart back in the 60s & 70s. Larger ones were great in dry sand and you could pull smaller ones in the surf. I used mine a lot around fire rings where the thousands of nails from burned pallets wouldn't let you within 10'. One hint I learned right off was to keep a container to put the nails & junk in. Do not dump it until you leave. The cops and lifeguards get really jazzed when they see you removing all the "Hazards". Several times I was allowed to stay after the beach closed.

If you can't find the post & there's some interest, drop a pm & I can throw together a drawing.
Sometimes old skool tools work better than modern overpriced stuff.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm professional used it many year ago, i did well when the beach was pulling the sand in nineties last century. It detect all jewelry and the most are gold chains and pendants. Mine is very strong and very advanced, but the problem is the beach have been stopping to pull the sand since 1997. Still I have one.
By the way, it does not work in any beach, it has only special conditions.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t3814.gif
I have located many beaches around the World I will use it, still there the beaches have the good conditions
t3818.gif

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've seen the rake used in fresh water here in New England. The guy had several gold chains that my detector could not detect! It was a heck of a lot of work to get the chains that would not make one good sized wedding band.

Glad I did not go for the games and detect. I don't think the rakers would be too friendly toward a visitor encroaching on their earning grounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread