Etsy sand scoop? Anybody every buy one of these or have any thoughts?

expl0rer

Oct 22, 2016
Orange County
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I know you get what you pay for but i'm trying to find something that's not $200 bucks.

(link removed by mod for rule violation, non supporting vendor)

And yes the language in the add about not accepting paypal is sketchy haha but he also sells them on amazon I believe. So you can pay with a card on there.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Until a member pipes in - jump back to Amazon - their are 8 reviews (7 Five Star and 1 Four Star) and browse the evaluations.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks pretty good, jump in and give it a spin.....:thumbsup:

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ID prefer a somewhat pointy or U shaped point scoop, not a duckface scoop :)

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made my own for like 30 bucks from PVC, I will upload a few pictures when i have time. Likely can make it cheaper if you find the PVC pipe for free somewhere.

probably should have a band saw though, and a heat gun is a must.

Basically its similar to this one.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It says ships from "Ukraine"... caveat emptor!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look too bad for the price, but, it'll never hold up to heavy duty use (in cobble, rocks, etc) due to the lack of gussets in critical areas. Also, I'm not in love with that type of handle connection. The handles always seem to loosen. A u-bolt design is superior IMO. Keep in mind the guarantee you may or may not get and who will service it. The shipping to Ukraine would cost more than the scoop! If you can fix it yourself, that would be a plus.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought scoop from Ukraine. Different model with a rounded front. Built well for the price, will handled wet sand well. Only problem and wish they would change it. The pipe for the handle is a small diameter. This causes you to have to grind down your wooden handle to fit. This causes a weak spot in the handle, but i have not broke it yet. But i could if i did not take it easy on pulling it back. I would purchase again, good scoop for price.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you click on shipping details there are some additional designs shown/priced. Which would be best for So. CA beaches?

veemaxx

Dec 22, 2015
Raymond, Ne
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, BH Tracker 4, XP Deus, (CTX 3030 sold due to elbow pain)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one of these a year ago and it has stood up to some heavy use. I put a light weight foam filled metal handle on it so it floats upright. Mostly I dig in sand and clay, the clay gives it a workout. If it was going to break it already would have, I have a welder so if it ever does break or crack repairing will be easy. I was going to make one but truthfully this guy makes them cheaper than the cost of materials here in the states. The only thing I don't like is the weight but using lighter materials would probably lessen the durability.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ukraine guy is legit, quality on his higher end models rivals stealth and I have used them.

This one here has stood up to a few years of pretty rough use, I use a $10 home dept rake handle wrapped with pipe insulation to make is slightly buoyant IMG_1571.JPG .

There was a thread about this guy few months back, like I said he is legit, scoops are quality made.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tool-shed/511697-awesome-stainless-steel-scoop.html

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one from the Ukraine and it broke after 3rd use. It was not this particular one but the one that looks like the TRex. They since redesigned that scoop and it supposedly holds up pretty well. I since bought an actual T-Rex and Stealth 720i. To be straight up don't ware your money go for the Stealth 720i hands down. It is much lighter and digs much much better.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
I bought one from the Ukraine and it broke after 3rd use. It was not this particular one but the one that looks like the TRex. They since redesigned that scoop and it supposedly holds up pretty well. I since bought an actual T-Rex and Stealth 720i. To be straight up don't ware your money go for the Stealth 720i hands down. It is much lighter and digs much much better.

Aye I'd like to get a 920i with the CF rod, maybe santa will bring one to me this christmas lol

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Bought the same scoop as you from Oleg in Ukraine and installed a $20 Sears Fiberglass Hoe Handle that floats and never has to be replaced. It's my favorite Beach Scoop out of the 3 that I own...
I have bought scoop from Ukraine. Different model with a rounded front. Built well for the price, will handled wet sand well. Only problem and wish they would change it. The pipe for the handle is a small diameter. This causes you to have to grind down your wooden handle to fit. This causes a weak spot in the handle, but i have not broke it yet. But i could if i did not take it easy on pulling it back. I would purchase again, good scoop for price.

twotoques

Apr 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive made my own out of an Alum bailing bucket, but here is a place in Florida you can check out.

rtgstore.com

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a ukraine scoop, the stamped hexagon mesh model with a rounded scoop end. I think the stamped hexagon mesh is superior to the round hole models as the holes are smaller yet the scoop drains faster. It is quality made, was shipped fast. It's light, goes in sand easy, has held up to some hard use. There's a wood handle at Lowes which will fit it and won't come out, and the handle floats. The only demerit so far, is that I have to work it so as little of the contents as possible flow out the open sides and front when you lift it. I would imagine the stealth scoop traps light items like tabs more easily as it has a more enclosed basket.

total cost with shipping was only $100.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder it violates our rules to post links to non supporting vendors. Talking about a product made by non supporting vendor is okay but members can not post links to websites selling their products.products.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, it violates our rules to post links to non supporting vendors. Talking about a product made by non supporting vendor is okay but members can not post links to websites selling their products.

OP
OP
E

expl0rer

Oct 22, 2016
Orange County
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, it violates our rules to post links to non supporting vendors. Talking about a product made by non supporting vendor is okay but members can not post links to websites selling their products.

My Apologies Treasure_Hunter. I'll make sure not to do that again.

ps: I did just by my last detector from a supporting vendor. I love supporting the community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions