Waterproof containers for personal items while snorkeling?? (See post)

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to have my first try at snorkeling *and* MD'ing in FLA. soon.
I have a prescription snorkle mask but where to put my glasses?
And for that matter my wallet too?

OK, have the Wifey hold on to everything. But she and the kids might
take off and then I'd need the glasses to work the dry sand & cash for
whatever.

So,... I figured I can't be the first to need a solution to this. I guess I'm
looking for a dive-friendly small belongings container that's small enough
not to get in the way. OK to buy one, DIY is not needed. Ideas anyone?

Please accept my thanks in advance,

Andrew

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you do not need your wallet while diving, so leave that in the truck. Your glasses just put in a ziplock bag and chuck them in your dive bag.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been using the Aquapac for years and I have never had a leak. A small one if I just carry my ID, room/car key, and a few bucks - just in case. I also have one I put my camera in. There are larger ones and one should hold your glasses. I do two thing for peace of mind. One is to leave my wedding band home and wear one that I have found - if I loose the found one, I have lost nothing. Second before contact and a full face mask I would leave my newest prescription glasses in the car and take an older pair with me while in the water. As for just using a zip lock bag, it will work but they have two drawbacks: they can be punctured with relative ease and they can "float" out of your goodie bag. I have seen one detectorist abandon his detecting equipment to swim after this bag that had his passport, room key and money in it. I'm glad I saw it floating before it got out of sight and into the rougher surf. I like the neck rope and I tuck the aquapac in under my rash guard.
Shown is the small size and they can be purchased online or at most aquasport stores.

Attachments

• Aquqpac.JPG
    Aquqpac.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
C

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquapac it was!

Had an amazon gift card so got a medium-sized one from them. Just what I wanted.
Also, thanks for the old glasses idea. I just got a new pair last month so I'll take my
old pair along too. Good thinking!

Thanks!

-Andrew

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Surf Dualfield PI
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I work in the water environment, I use 2 Aquapacs. I have a small one for credit card, cash, driver's license, debit card, etc. I also use a larger one for my I-phone and car keypad. I've been knocked over by waves and never had a leak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions