Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonel Dan. You are a champion!!! Thank you so much for posting that link and also for being superman fast. I've just read the article, and, it looks like I'll be leaving discrimination off and digging a lot! I've got the AT Pro and Gold but wanted to get into the salt water. Many thanks again. Regards, Chris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my seahunter found 7 rings the first year using it. Plus a bunch of other cool stuff.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ran a Seahunter MK II for a few years...good detector. BUT...you have to use it for what it's DESIGNED for....thats salt water beaches and underwater uses. It is a P.I. detector, and will hit on ANY target....ya got to dig every hit. And it will go deep..

It's a miserable bear in freshwater...not because it isn't a good piece of equipment...just the opposite. Nothing freaking dies in freshwater, so every chunk of foil, bottlecap, nail and hotrock elicits a hit...

The "discrimination" really acts like more of a sensitivity control...anything above 3 and your losing depth. Leave it on 1 and dig it all....jmo.

Put it on a straightshaft behind your elbow..or even better, hipmount it on a dive belt. ALOT easier on a long hunt day...jmo.

Best of luck and good hunting!!

ag

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your tips and comments. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let the ironfest begin! :laughing7:

OP
OP
E

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't like the seahunter?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't like the seahunter?

On an iron free beach.....sure. where I hunt there is too much iron, so, using a Sea Hunter would drive me crazy. My Excalibur goes deeper, has more coverage, and discrimination. No brainer for me.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you get really good with the machine you can can tell the shape of targets

OP
OP
E

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. No iron where i am. Tested the excal and sea hunter along with a fisher and whites, sea hunter beat the others for depth hands down. Guess it's where you live and the garbage around? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread