Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAST THE SURF YES - IN THE SURF NOT ADVISED - GAS POWERED ONES CAN FLIP EASILY - PLUS THEY GET SALT SPRAY
ELECTRICS ARE USUALLY COVERED AND ENCLOSED AND CENTER OF GRAVITY IS BETTER
I FLIPPED MY ELECTRIC ONCE AND NO PROB - KNOW GUYS WHO HAVE FLIPPED GAS ONES
OTHER THAN ALMOST DROWNING - UNIT NEED MAJOR OVER HAUL IF FLOODED WITH SALT WATER

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I never heard of Hookah Diving so I searched Google and found a Hookah Diving System consists of a compressor and a motor. These two supply air to the diver(s) below by the help of a long hose. The difference in scuba diving and hookah diving is that scuba diving uses compressed air, but hookah diving doesn't.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both use compressed air. SCUBA is "S"elf "C"ontained, whereas the Hookah setup has a hose and remote compressor.

TIME TRAVELER

Greenie
Jan 27, 2006
Cape Coral Fl 33990
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000,Garrett At PRO, Whites Surf Master PI, WHITES DFX, MINELAB EXCALIBER 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey sharkriver100 ! Time Traveler here. I hookah when water lets me. I'm in Ft Myers Fl. Can't get no clear water around here. No rivers or lakes. I have a elect rug with two batteries. They couple year old now. They last about a hour under water. I got forty feet of hose. Where u at. GORDON. Time traveler

TIME TRAVELER

Greenie
Jan 27, 2006
Cape Coral Fl 33990
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000,Garrett At PRO, Whites Surf Master PI, WHITES DFX, MINELAB EXCALIBER 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes vpnavy it's great. U can stay down much longer. Tanks last me about 30 min. Hookah battery when new last almost two hours. I got forty feet of hose. But only go 8-10 feet. I'm by myself most of the time. I'm in Ft Myers Fl.

OP
OP
S

sharkriver100

Greenie
Jan 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
deus, at pro, excel, gold bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I have deep cycle batteries and oiless air compressors in cheap 2 person dingys. We run about 25 foot of hose. Works great in lakes but I suspect the surf could cause some trouble. If the wind blew out from the land that might keep the boats out of the surf. Or I suppose we could run long hoses from the beach. Still need dive flags. I wonder how the digging in the sand is underwater? does the sand cave in on itself? like in the surf? I'm from Indiana, bet we take four of five destination treasure hunts a year. Looking at Sarasota this march (spring break). Time Traveler, your not far from there. the more the merrier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread