Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TIME TRAVELER

Thread: Hookha in the surf?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2012
    deus, at pro, excel, gold bug
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hookha in the surf?

I've been hookah diving in fresh water swim areas that are too deep for a scoop with some success. I was wondering if any has tried A hookah in the surf and how did it work out?

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    PAST THE SURF YES - IN THE SURF NOT ADVISED - GAS POWERED ONES CAN FLIP EASILY - PLUS THEY GET SALT SPRAY
    ELECTRICS ARE USUALLY COVERED AND ENCLOSED AND CENTER OF GRAVITY IS BETTER
    I FLIPPED MY ELECTRIC ONCE AND NO PROB - KNOW GUYS WHO HAVE FLIPPED GAS ONES
    OTHER THAN ALMOST DROWNING - UNIT NEED MAJOR OVER HAUL IF FLOODED WITH SALT WATER
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    12993 times
    I never heard of Hookah Diving so I searched Google and found a Hookah Diving System consists of a compressor and a motor. These two supply air to the diver(s) below by the help of a long hose. The difference in scuba diving and hookah diving is that scuba diving uses compressed air, but hookah diving doesn't.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6643 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Both use compressed air. SCUBA is "S"elf "C"ontained, whereas the Hookah setup has a hose and remote compressor.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    TIME TRAVELER

Jan 2006
    Cape Coral Fl 33990
    Garrett GTA 1000,Garrett At PRO, Whites Surf Master PI, WHITES DFX, MINELAB EXCALIBER 2
    6 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Hey sharkriver100 ! Time Traveler here. I hookah when water lets me. I'm in Ft Myers Fl. Can't get no clear water around here. No rivers or lakes. I have a elect rug with two batteries. They couple year old now. They last about a hour under water. I got forty feet of hose. Where u at. GORDON. Time traveler
    wavecrazed likes this.
    IN THE BACKYARD JUSTA' SWINGING (FRONT YARD,BEACH,PLAY GRD)

us
    TIME TRAVELER

Jan 2006
    Cape Coral Fl 33990
    Garrett GTA 1000,Garrett At PRO, Whites Surf Master PI, WHITES DFX, MINELAB EXCALIBER 2
    6 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Yes vpnavy it's great. U can stay down much longer. Tanks last me about 30 min. Hookah battery when new last almost two hours. I got forty feet of hose. But only go 8-10 feet. I'm by myself most of the time. I'm in Ft Myers Fl.
    IN THE BACKYARD JUSTA' SWINGING (FRONT YARD,BEACH,PLAY GRD)

us
    Jan 2012
    deus, at pro, excel, gold bug
    1 times
    My buddy and I have deep cycle batteries and oiless air compressors in cheap 2 person dingys. We run about 25 foot of hose. Works great in lakes but I suspect the surf could cause some trouble. If the wind blew out from the land that might keep the boats out of the surf. Or I suppose we could run long hoses from the beach. Still need dive flags. I wonder how the digging in the sand is underwater? does the sand cave in on itself? like in the surf? I'm from Indiana, bet we take four of five destination treasure hunts a year. Looking at Sarasota this march (spring break). Time Traveler, your not far from there. the more the merrier.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links