Your opinion on the whites dual field

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a duel fied it works real well in black sand rocks and salt it doesnt like to be near any power source makes the threshold warble .I hunt wet sand at low tide it found 2 gold rings where i had searched earlier with my se pro they were luck some i think it went deeper.It has verry suttle differences in the tone hard to tell iron and it finds it well you will need a good scoop deep 20160813_141732.jpg 20160809_154505.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DF is a good machine, been using mine for 6 years with no problems, works great in the black sand I have encountered. Hip mount the unit and use a straight shaft...... Don't be deterred by floating coil comments, not/never has been a problem.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Sand Shark. :headbang:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got old friends that use them in older "hunted out" spots and pull stuff from down deep still
good second machine

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows the dual field in thick black sand
Excal performed bad in the heavy black sand and I'm looking for a pi
Thank You
Are you hunting in pin point on the Excalibur? I find with mine, that you need to move a bit slower on your sweep speed. Otherwise it does very well in the black sand in pin point, but, chatters quite a bit in discrimination.

OP
OP
C

cagoldhound

Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried pin point tried going slow Thick thick black sand

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you thought about a TDI?

If you are not hunting in the water, a Whites TDI is designed specifically for highly mineralized ground such as thick black sand. And it gives unbelievable depth on more normal beaches. But it is not waterproof - you can bag it and chest mount it for calf deep water, but that is not nearly the same as a truly waterproof machine.

I have never compared the Dual Field to the TDI on very mineralized black sand, I have always used the TDI in that situation as it is so easy to ground balance the TDI and get a smooth running machine. You can also easily change to a smaller coil with the TDi if you want to push the gain or lower the pulse rate.

The Garret ATX is waterproof and should perform very well in black sand - I have no personal experience with the ATX, but I have 2 TDI Pro's that I use regularly. It is amazing what you can find in very mineralized ground if you use the correct machine.

If you have never used a PI, the TDI SL gives a much smoother threshold and may be easier to use than the standard TDI or the TDI Pro.

HH

Charles

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Only very positive experiences with my Dual Field! Love that machine! Wet sand to ankle depth.

Joe

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking to trade mine for a used excal or sovreign gt its in perfect working condition a few scuffs from use i value it at 400 bucks will add cash for the right deal anyone within a a few hours of western ct let me know if interested

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressed with the Dual Field unless beach is loaded with iron. Black sand and "hot rocks" prevented me from using the DFX on certain beaches on Cape Cod Bay. The Dual Field is not affected by them. I have found 4 rings since last July. A 12gr 14K in chest deep water, a 925 with fire opal on wet sand, a tungsten band and a Tiffany Plat950 6mm size 12 at over 20" in wet sand at a beach where I have seen others detecting during the season. It finds the tiniest pieces of any metal,so be prepared to dig a lot. For a scoop, I purchased the Stealth 920i with a "raptor" handle that I was able to attach to the handle without using the SS screw. Without the "raptor" handle you will screw up your wrist because a full bucket of wet sand is HEAVY. Customer service is probably the best of all manufacturers. The settings that work well for me is "gain" at 3 o'clock position, pulse delay at 7 o'clock position, and comfortable threshold. enjoy.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the DF and love it. If I get in areas that have a lot of small garbage I switch to the cz21.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ring-in-the-scoop

Apr 5, 2016
Sunrise, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites Surf P.I.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've owned my Whites P.I. for over a year and I have no complaints. I hunt the south Florida area and come across some black sand but I have no issues with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread