1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484104520.148166.jpg
My girl snapped this pic of a curious dolphin that hung out with me for awhile near Vanderbilt Beach last Thursday in Naples.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That would have me wondering. Cool Pic!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool pic.

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did you see any Manatees they will float/sneek right up to you and scare the crap out of you!

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic i love it there i go to marco island as much as i can i used to live in golden gate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
The dolphins follow the bait along the shore, I have had a few encounters with them that scared the Crap out of me. The cooler water Temps on the Gulf side (usually) keep the sharks away in winter. Great picture!

OP
OP
1KBlueTuber

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
The dolphins follow the bait along the shore, I have had a few encounters with them that scared the Crap out of me. The cooler water Temps on the Gulf side (usually) keep the sharks away in winter. Great picture!

That happened to me too at Naples pier a couple hours before sunrise last April. One breached 6 inches away from my left arm. I swear I heard them laughing!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful day at the beach, and glad it was a dolphin. When I first worked offshore in the 1977, I was riding the basket up to the top of the oil rig and there was a large school of either dolphins or porpoises chasing some fish and it was so beautiful from 150 feet up.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome pic! Here in CA, out in the surf, the pods of dolphins swim by most of the time giving us the feeling that we are in the company of protective friends. One surfaced next to my surfboard and looked me in the eye and I was blown away how big they are up close!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same general area you were in - guy had his scoop ripped from his hand by a shark - people from shore saw it heading towards him and were yelling - they saw the fin and tail sticking out - he could not hear them - when he finally noticed bunch of people waving and yelling - he looked left to the shore and shark grabbed his scoop half way down the shaft and kept going - must have seen the shine of it - guy said he had not gone in salt water since - life guard told him by the distance from the fin to tail - it was a good size one

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Cool photo but that would give me a heart attack.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good Lord was with him that day and a scoop is a good trade off for his life. Saw a video the other day of a bull shark attacking a spear fisherman and biting his spear which he shot into his mouth and took his spear gun down deep with him, but at least the spear fisherman was safe. Very aggressive shark.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being from the north, any dorsal fin would get me out ASAP ;)

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Never had a shark experience while metal detecting Florida these past 8 yrs; however, had an 8 ft white tipped shark pursue me for about 50 yards and only 8 ft behind me while I was swimming a mile along Melbourne beach 4 yrs ago. When I got out of the water I was meet by a fisherman with a knife in one hand and a cell phone in the other. He told me about the shark, as I had no idea, and he said I was to far out to help but he was about to call 911, since he had experienced several past episodes of shark attacks of swimmers. While the west coast reveals few sharks during the Winter, the east coast is another story with sharks everywhere and they're aggressive. The Bull sharks are indeed dangerous and aggressive and few realize that they breed in the inter coastal waterways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions