Amazing multiple eyeball from the depth - for your eyes only

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys,

Can't say a lot.... but I can show some photos... shot with my new camera from a depth between 300 and 350ft. We use CCR (Close Circuit Rebreather) with constant PP0² and Trimix. We try to remain "light" (carry less tanks with us) so we prefer to use a high Partial Oxygen Pressure (PP0²) in this scenario during peak depth (about 1.5 bar = 21PSI ) to avoid a higher pourcentage of Helium in our gas mix, which will result in a longer deco time. Our narcosis equivalence is around 170/180ft down with air (we are well trained and used to dive with air down 200ft every week)

These are poteries called "Amphora" used Before Christ for wine and olive oil transportation. Certainly grec for sure.

Those pictures shows the complete poteries, one of my banner finds was only a part of it : http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/490097-unusual-find-morning-120ft-depth-30-bc-find-during-scuba-detection.html#post4842937

Without metal detector due to state regulations..and depth! We can't stay that much time down there... each minute spent at this depth = x10 minute of deco time (28' on site = almost 5h of deco time) .... and there is so many eyeballs to enjoy before feeling the need to use MD! ....
... this are only for the Thinnest US Treasure Hunters... and I know you are a lot ;-)

766227divearcheo1.jpg

771688divearcheo2.jpg

988094divearcheo4.jpg

201369divearcheo5.jpg

Hope you will enjoy ;-)

Sample of partial pottery recovered on an other site
282411amphora5.jpg

A little movie shot between christmas and new year ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
PS... I see where TH is also coming from on this as well.

So frog... IF legal to do so...

Go get the item. :P

No I won't AARC. I already gave the coordinates to the archaeological service and they will probably come to cover with sand and rocks everything this spring to protect from thieves. Maybe in a few decades robot & rov will come to study in detail the content of this antic wreck.

I have already "a lot" at home.. and my wife doesn't share my decoration style :laughing7: "Oldies will remain in the cave => no sens & stupid....

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. Thanks for the photos.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent finds. Thanks for the photos.

Thanks Fongu... but it is not considered as a find (!) These are photos ....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FM,

Heh at least you are a hero for one day....

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful. Did you leave in situ, or were you recovering?

Skippy

Thanks Skippy. We don't recover a site without an official recovering mission & support from the state organization. Due to the depth, they won't be any recovering campaign for sure because we are far below the max depth of a regular "low cost recovering campaign" which is max 180ft down.

We took some photos and videos. We try to protect those sites from piracy by locating them then buried them with sand and small rocks to prevent fishing nets and potential curious divers.

This dive is totally unofficial, has the info by a fisherman who came up with pieces of potteries in his nets after a winter storm and strong undercurrents. By using my small ROV, we found out some potential proof of something, next day we took those photos.

154212rov1.jpg

846135rov2.jpg

527301rov3.jpg

243745rov4.jpg

783996rov5.jpg

895201rov6.jpg

968374rov7.jpg

642206rov8.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FM,

That's quite the camera set up you have....looking forward to more videos and adventures in the med sea.
Take care my friend.

Your buddy from across the pond.

Regards + HH

Bill

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, crazy deep, stay safe and really nice pics, cam appears to be a good investment.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, crazy deep, stay safe and really nice pics, cam appears to be a good investment.

Yes, second hand Canon 5D MKIII, bought from a well known world champion (underwater sport) - I am waiting for the latest Panasonic GH5 which is coming out in march/april. I'll have to wait for a descent housing that can reach 400/450 ft down (130m) that will come out a few month later... need to save $$$$$ :laughing7:

996866camd52.jpg

753119camd5.jpg

Last edited:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one MOTHER of a dive. Makes my pitiful 110 footer's, "MANY YEARS AGO", peanuts compare to your amazing dives. GREAT shots! Keep'em coming.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely stunning pictures! Thank you Frog Master! I always enjoy your fantastic underwater photos.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Frog, You are living the dream which is Banner enough. You know what you found. We know what you found. And if it were me finding that wreck, I would just be DELIGHTED to know I found it and did the right thing by having it buried, again, I think. Well, maybe not before I took a sample to show as proof. My wife would have to put up with at least one more museum quality decoration in the house :laughing7: I don't need anyone else to tell me I did something great. By the way I think your find is GREAT and banner worthy in many regards even if it doesn't qualify under the rules of this site. Maybe National Geographic would be interested? Thanks so much for sharing your discovery. It was a pleasure to feel my heart beat faster as I scanned the photos. Blessings and prosperity to you in the new year.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Frog, You are living the dream which is Banner enough. You know what you found. We know what you found. And if it were me finding that wreck, I would just be DELIGHTED to know I found it and did the right thing by having it buried, again, I think. Well, maybe not before I took a sample to show as proof. My wife would have to put up with at least one more museum quality decoration in the house :laughing7: I don't need anyone else to tell me I did something great. By the way I think your find is GREAT and banner worthy in many regards even if it doesn't qualify under the rules of this site. Maybe National Geographic would be interested? Thanks so much for sharing your discovery. It was a pleasure to feel my heart beat faster as I scanned the photos. Blessings and prosperity to you in the new year.

Thank you Beach Papa :notworthy:

I can't come back with other oldies at home... or I'll have to change my wife! She is just tired of all my oldies which are nice on photo.... but takes a huge place in a house :laughing7:

I am use to dive on Antic wrecks (before christ period) with my local diving club. We are missioned, trained and support by the state to recover those underwater archeologic sites that where discovered between 1945 and 1980 but where kept secret to preserve them.
I can't post any picture of object of an official archeological excavation. Everything is kept secret, we (the divers) are only used for eyes and hands.

When I find a preserved site like this one in this post, there is more then just finding a treasure: we where in touch with fisherman who founds some potteries in theirs nets, we have sucessfully used my mini ROV to locate the site and we dived with rebreather to go and touch it.

Seen from a sofa the performance can be "common" ... in the real life just to dive below 300 ft IS a performance.... so combining investigation, research, ROV (very hard to use) and deep dive by the same little group of passionated..... it's another story and behind those photos you have a lot of passion of only 3 individuals.

Banner find helps to get sponsored by brands ;-)

Anyway it's always a pleasure to share a bit of my (our) passion and show a different aspect of Treasure Hunting.

Again thanks for your support and I'm sure they'll be more to come :occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread