Amazing multiple eyeball from the depth - for your eyes only

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys,

Can't say a lot.... but I can show some photos... shot with my new camera from a depth between 300 and 350ft. We use CCR (Close Circuit Rebreather) with constant PP0² and Trimix. We try to remain "light" (carry less tanks with us) so we prefer to use a high Partial Oxygen Pressure (PP0²) in this scenario during peak depth (about 1.5 bar = 21PSI ) to avoid a higher pourcentage of Helium in our gas mix, which will result in a longer deco time. Our narcosis equivalence is around 170/180ft down with air (we are well trained and used to dive with air down 200ft every week)

These are poteries called "Amphora" used Before Christ for wine and olive oil transportation. Certainly grec for sure.

Those pictures shows the complete poteries, one of my banner finds was only a part of it : http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/490097-unusual-find-morning-120ft-depth-30-bc-find-during-scuba-detection.html#post4842937

Without metal detector due to state regulations..and depth! We can't stay that much time down there... each minute spent at this depth = x10 minute of deco time (28' on site = almost 5h of deco time) .... and there is so many eyeballs to enjoy before feeling the need to use MD! ....
... this are only for the Thinnest US Treasure Hunters... and I know you are a lot ;-)

766227divearcheo1.jpg

771688divearcheo2.jpg

988094divearcheo4.jpg

201369divearcheo5.jpg

Hope you will enjoy ;-)

Sample of partial pottery recovered on an other site
282411amphora5.jpg

A little movie shot between christmas and new year ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just sitting there. Man that's awesome! :occasion14: maybe one of my Greek relatives dropped that there ;)

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sitting there. Man that's awesome! :occasion14: maybe one of my Greek relatives dropped that there ;)

You wouldn't be there... it is not just a drop ... it's a wreck for sure :laughing9:

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the general location?

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Casper!

I'm always fan of your post even if I don't always comment.. all the best for 2017!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Frog... Spectacular.

Um... THIS IS A BANNER FIND !

Love to see this up there... lets see.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS> PLEASE keep some photos coming... and updates.

Will follow this for sure.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Frog... Spectacular.

Thanks AARC and most important, wish you all the best for this new year. Always a pleasure to follow you ;-)

FM, from the Med Sea

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Frog... Spectacular.

From a Moderator point of view it can't be nominated for BANNER It is NOT considered as a find and it is not fresh enough.

For me, this site discovery IS A FIND
This dive was done between Christmas and New year 2016. A bit less then 2 weeks later is considered as too late :laughing9:

Comparing to the 21 centuries of this site.. everybody don't count the same way.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just plain AWESOME frog!!!!!!!! I use to dive a lil when I was stationed in Cuba, Thgt 45' of water was alot, couldn't image 300'......... Your new camera works GREAT too.. CONGRATZ....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a Moderator point of view it can't be nominated for BANNER It is NOT considered as a find and it is not fresh enough.

This dive was done between Christmas and New year 2016. A bit less then 2 weeks later is considered as too late :laughing9:

Comparing to the 21 centuries of this site.. everybody don't count the same way.

Sorry, but taking a picture of something found, the picture itself does not qualify for banner. If I found 2000 year old pottery bowl in a cave in new Mexico and took a picture of it it and left the bowl in the cave the picture of it would not qualify for banner.

As far as the "not fresh enough" that would apply to making a thread in "today's finds" forum for something found weeks ago. Only way it would qualify is if someone had not been on line to post the find for that time period.

Your post violates our rules, if a member has an issue with rules or rulings by mod it is to be handled via pm with mod, not in our open forums.

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, but taking a picture of something found, the picture itself does not qualify for banner. If I found 2000 year old pottery bowl in a cave in new Mexico and took a picture of it it and left the bowl in the cave the picture of it would not qualify for banner. As far as the "not fresh enough" that would apply to making a thread in "today's finds" forum. Only way it would qualify is if someone had not been on line to post for that time period.

You are not aware of overseas regulation I suppose. If I show you a pic of something from that site on surface or even with my hand on it..I doubt that the patriot act and the US secrecy will cover me a lot.

Finding a site like that IS a FIND by itself, no doubt about it. Original founder of TNET meat me a few years ago and could tell you we are Treasure Hunter ;-)

Next time I'll post some coins from my local beach....:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not aware of overseas regulation I suppose. If I show you a pic of something from that site on surface or even with my hand on it..I doubt that the patriot act and the US secrecy will cover me a lot.

Finding a site like that IS a FIND by itself, no doubt about it. Original founder of TNET meat me a few years ago and could tell you we are Treasure Hunter ;-)

Next time I'll post some coins from my local beach....:icon_scratch:

Laws do not change fact it doesn't qualify for banner, no one disputes your treasure hunter, that doesn't change the fact the picture does not qualify for banner.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FM,

Great discovery and you should be proud of it....you followed the local laws to a T since the site and finds no doubt would be considered treasure and not to be disturbed by unauthorized people.

It's treasure in my books and thanks for sharing.

Regards + HH

Bill

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Frog... lets ask this question... "did you FIND this item" ? ? ?

IF the answer is YES... then This IS A BANNER. IMO.

Firstly... NOT ONLY is this A BANNER "find" IMO... This is a banner of banners when it comes to "a found item" ... ALSO IMO.

Secondly... This not only qualifies as / for BANNER... It surpasses it.

Vote stands.

BANNER > !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread