Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had some work out in woodland hills and wanted to hit some of the beaches out in the Malibu area after work. I decided to hit the beach just north of point dume called westward beach. Day #1 When I got there I seen I guy detecting. I tryed to ask him if he had any luck. But he just ignored me. Owell😤. I didn't see any evidence of him digging any targets. He wasn't even swinging his coil. Just walking with it in front of him. So I ran back to my truck and put on my gear. By the time I was done getting ready. He was packing up his gear. I seen an area that was washed out by a storm drain witch made a nice 4 foot cut on either side. The area was about 20" wide by 30" down to the water. My first target was a nice green penny. I worked that washout for about 4 hours and pulled 2 gold stars of David 14k and a 14k white gold chain along with a junk chain. I'm sure most of my silver came from day one. But not positive. Day #2 I worked a section right next to the storm drain, just north. I ended up with 2 14k rings. First one had a nice size diamond. The second one has the tiniest diamond. Also got the 2 silver rings and the brass cross. Day#3. I arrived at the beach with a buddy from work and noticed a guy working the same washout I worked the first day. Found even fewer coins and only one 10k ring with a blue amethyst. Also the silver cross and silver bracelet. Two other guys showed up with 3030's about an hour after I started. Day #4 was a bust. The beach was sanding in and the only good find was 1 lonely Wheat penny. All total for the 4 day hunt. 3 gold rings 2 gold stars of David 1 gold chain 2 silver rings 2 silver religious pieces 17 silver coins 8 Rosie's 5 merc's 4 Washington's. Also 16 wheats. I got a lot more coppers but they are just thin wafers of their former selves so I can't count them as wheats. I also got a Los Angeles high school swimming championship medal. Can't see the date. Thanks for looking and happy hunting image.jpeg if anyone wants to see better pics let me know.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like all your finds and you told the story well
However I always have to hate people who find so much better stuff than I do, sorry

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!! I need to do some more beach hunting. In the past 5 years, only been a few times.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been going twice a year, guess to the wrong beaches

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the first day I knew I had to go back. I wash I could have gone Friday and Saturday but I had prior obligations. Sunday there was 4 of us guys hunting the beach. Me and 3 friends. I try to get out at least a cupple times a month.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! I was out in that area too ( I would have said hi lol). Tons of clad but no gold.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't get better than that! Wow! What a great hunt! Congrats on some fine gold and silver!!

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I never thought I would find so much in one area. Especially here in SoCal with how much our beaches get hunted. I'd like to clean up the silver coins. But not sure what method I should use.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Before you mess with the silver coins I would make sure there aren't key dates in the mix. Wrongly cleaning an otherwise valuable rare coin is a bad idea. If there is nothing special date wise, you can find numerous methods on the internet for cleaning silver that are successful. Good luck and awesome hunt. It has been real dry hunting around here. Lots of soft sand and no targets. You picked the right spot with a cut, just think if the whole beach was cut like that. Lots of treasure under all that sand. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread