WARNING !!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Caution! When I visit soon I'll be seeding the beaches in FL with all the thousands of zinc pennies I dig up north. You can thank me later. :happysmiley:

Good hunting Saturday. :4leafclover:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Ron! :occasion14:

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do the same thing

Caution! When I visit soon I'll be seeding the beaches in FL with all the thousands of zinc pennies I dig up north. You can thank me later. :happysmiley:

Good hunting Saturday. :4leafclover:

When we see you snowbirds coming down. We like to watch you get excited.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to be a resident. Now I'm the snow bird I hated....lol.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22126.gif

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't forget the sunscreen

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like my ATX ....BUT for finding the gold my Dual Field is a world of difference better.

Now the ATX is DEEP! no argument there. A dime at about 19"+ .. probably beat most detectors on depth.

Last year about this time a spot opened up in one corner of my local beach. The ATX scored nothing but clad and sinkers. Went back with the DF and a couple gold rings...same spot. Over about 8 weeks I worked that spot for about a dozen gold rings plus gold bracelet and about 50 silver rings...ALL with the DF. Now I like my ATX...BUT I LOVE my DUAL FIELD!

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my ATX ....BUT for finding the gold my Dual Field is a world of difference better.

Now the ATX is DEEP! no argument there. A dime at about 19"+ .. probably beat most detectors on depth.

Last year about this time a spot opened up in one corner of my local beach. The ATX scored nothing but clad and sinkers. Went back with the DF and a couple gold rings...same spot. Over about 8 weeks I worked that spot for about a dozen gold rings plus gold bracelet and about 50 silver rings...ALL with the DF. Now I like my ATX...BUT I LOVE my DUAL FIELD!
on your ATX how high is your disc set

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus Ron got his ATX "fixed" and you haven't...

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Check out Ron Lord's video...google "Treasure Hunter of the Gulf coast". Awesome video. He truly is the "Lord" of the rings.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Ron Lord here , my warning is that I just got my ATX fix and will starting using it on Saturday.. :laughing7::laughing7:

Ron Lord and the ATX
Ron, the first time I met you, you made fun of my original Excal shaft that I had been using for 2-3 years. So I bought a straight shaft. That was good.

The next time we met, you he said that you understood why I was taking sooo long digging targets in the surf; after looking at my 6" water scoop that was wired together and had dents and was partially caved-in. So I bought a massive Stealth 920iX water scoop. That was good.

Each time I saw you at Clearwater you were driving an Excal; that's what I drive around the beach as well (except mine is BIGGER, the coil that is; 10" vs 8"). Now I hear that you have a Garrett ATX. And, seriously, I have a call into a Dealer right now about buying a Minelab CTX 3030...An ATX, Hmmmm.

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron Lord and the ATX
Ron, the first time I met you, you made fun of my original Excal shaft that I had been using for 2-3 years. So I bought a straight shaft. That was good.

The next time we met, you he said that you understood why I was taking sooo long digging targets in the surf; after looking at my 6" water scoop that was wired together and had dents and was partially caved-in. So I bought a massive Stealth 920iX water scoop. That was good.

Each time I saw you at Clearwater you were driving an Excal; that's what I drive around the beach as well (except mine is BIGGER, the coil that is; 10" vs 8"). Now I hear that you have a Garrett ATX. And, seriously, I have a call into a Dealer right now about buying a Minelab CTX 3030...An ATX, Hmmmm.
you buy your ctx 3030 and go behind you and show you what you are missing with my ATX . HH , Ron

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
you buy your ctx 3030 and go behind you and show you what you are missing with my ATX . HH , Ron

I think I'll move to the East coast of Florida!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Minimum disc on my ATX, Ron. I run the machine at 13, wide open. I also ground balance because it gives me a smoother threshold.

The ATX signal is slow and lazy like (to me). Going over a coin spill seems like a huge single piece of metal. When I get that huge signal I usually go down 4 or 5 sens steps to get a better sense of size.

With my Dual Field, though it's like 2/3 the depth, signals are quick and crisp for coins and rings...and slow and lazy for iron. I generally have a good sense of what's under the coil.

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try running your sens. no higher than 3 or 4 . if you run it to high ,you will loss a lot of targets. to much power will go weight through targets

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Ron, will try that out...I know the instinctive strategy is to go high sens for maximum depth...but perhaps I'm overdoing it.

Another problem: my shoulder. Been working out in the gym over the last year+ and got to the point where the weight was not bothering me...but lately the shoulder joint is getting more sensitive and the desire to lug the Beast out is very low!

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. buy you a a mine lab harness, it make that ATX so much lighter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread