UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and its a beauty

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty

My wife, son, and I headed to the beach over the weekend. Night time arrived Sunday and I tried a spot near the hotel. I decided I would try searching a small area of the beach really well rather than just pick an area and pass through it. I mostly try searching the waterline but this time was different, I decided I would try the dry sand also. To make a long story short I found this baby near a trail of pull tabs about 8 inches down. I realized it wasn't another coin by the sound it made swirling around in the scoop. In the moon light I could see it was a large ring, but figured it was a child's fantasy ring. I decided to pull out the flashlight and I started to get weak in my knees with the sight of gold. Afther checking the area to see if there was anything else, I headed back to the hotel (almost running).

I haven't found out yet what the green stone is but as soon as I find out I will post it. There are 13 nice size diamonds around the green stone, the ring itself is heavy, 14k.

I guess I finally paid for my Excalibur.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0771 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0771 Large e-mail view.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 7,646
  • IMG_0772 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0772 Large e-mail view.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7,633
  • IMG_0774 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0774 Large e-mail view.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 7,609
  • IMG_0775 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0775 Large e-mail view.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7,572
  • IMG_0784 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0784 Large e-mail view.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 7,580
  • IMG_0799 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0799 Large e-mail view.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 7,454
  • IMG_0801 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0801 Large e-mail view.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7,362
  • IMG_0802 Large e-mail view.jpg
    IMG_0802 Large e-mail view.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 7,343
Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UPDATE $1800!!!!! Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty

It's beautiful and wouldn't it be nice if it actually turns out to be an emerald!!!!
Deepsix

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HOLY GUANO BATMAN!!! lol
man thats a doozie
if id found it i wouldve suffered a massive quadruple heart attack lol
i dont see how u were able to make it back inside after u found that thing

absolutely amazing find

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Not sure how I missed this post!

Holy Toledo! That ring is the BOMB!

Congratulations!!!!! :D

Ridley

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks everybody....

I don't know how I made it back. It was the longest 1/4 of a mile I ever walked in my life. My legs were shaking, my hands were shaking, I was checking my finger every 30 seconds to make sure the ring didn't slip off.....

I am happy that I finally found something. Just remember two things: there is a lot still out there and also it is where you least expect it sometimes.

Good luck all.

JP

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

lifes like that

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Re: Finally I found a ring and it's a beauty UPDATE!!!!!!

jpotter said:
I just got back from the jewelry shop.

3.2 carat Peridot
65 points in diamonds
14kt setting

The guy told me the retail value is around $1800.00.

I left it on consignment.

I know I am happy.....

Thanks all that have left messages here. Keep hunting there are many more out there to be found.
Do you trust what price they told you? I would take to another place and just see what they value it at!!If its not sold yet .....

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It hasn't sold yet. I am thinking of picking it up when I get back to the US next week. It breaks my heart everytime I go to the treasurenet website and see the picture of it there in the banner. I really have nothing invested in it and would prefer to keep it for my wife.

I believe it might be worth more because he was just giving an estimate on the materials in the ring if he were to build it for a customer. (of course using the lowest grade stones)

I just want to get out there and find another. Now that I know how to find rings......hahaha. I hope I can find another, the excitement is incredible.

Thanks to all for looking and replying to my post.

Have a great time out there and have fun.

JP

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

Awesome find of a lifetime IMHO!

Sweet looking ring.

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beautiful ring it just about jumped out of the screen right at me I can't wait to get to the beach going to ocean ciity md. soon I bought a new tirger shark last fall used it a few times in local lakes nice find Bob

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to think your awesome find must have greater value.
I never settle for the first estimate, usually takes 3 estimates for me to feel comfortable.
Sorry, but I'm a big time sceptic when it comes to working with retailers I have no experience with.
I would definetally spend the money on a gemologist that paid to grade only and not have a personal interest.
Just like coin grading
what have ya got to loose?
BradyBoy

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Nice find JP . I know the feeling of the shaky legs It happen to me 2 months back 2.5 ct diamond solitaire ring,, a real heart stopper ,, turns out the diamond was a fake . If I was you I would pass it along to your wife there , she would really love that. and would buy you a whole lot MD time . big congrats to ya guzz1.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you everybody for the compliments and words of encouragement. The ring is happily sitting in my safe deposit box. I took it and had it re-sized for my wife who still is very happy with it. I loaned it to her (ha ha it's hers) for a Christmas/birthday party in December. Everyone made comments about the ring. No body believed it was found at the beach. I could have been a spokesman for metal detectors this day, sad I don't get commissions.

As for as how much the ring is worth, I decided it is being kept no matter what the value. When I have been in jewelry shops I have not seen a ring of that size and the prices that I have seen wow. I believe the value may be a lot higher. The jeweler that gave me the estimate said he could put it together for that price, probably using the lowest quality stones, etc. I know if I would have asked him to put one together at that price he probably would have told me that it would cost a "little bit more."

I haven't had time for a while to get out there but I hope to this weekend.

Thanks again,

JP

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a stunningly beautiful ring. I showed it to my wife and she was in awe. Thanks for buying me more MD'ing time. She wants me to go out and find one like it.

Spent the last three days at Daytona Beach. No rings, but over the three days, I eyeballed and collected $60.00 in bills on the beach. I also found a money clip with Drivers License, credit cards and gift cards dropped by a Spring Breaker. We were able to locate him through the internet and his mom. He was one happy and relieved kid when we gave it all back to him.

TE

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.

thats a great find wow.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Nice ring J Homerun On that one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Sergeant Guzz.

I've been out everyday since Tuesday.  How embarrassing, not one thing to even talk about.  I only found maybe $4 in change, 2 non gold rings, and one 50 caliber round.  I've spent $45 in gas, $15 or more in parking meters, and I don't know how many hours of time.  I know how you feel now about wanting to give up.

That peridot ring still mystifies me of why someone would wear that to the beach.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

My wife wants to beat up yoru wife and take that ring. At least she might let me go hunting more ;D. Wow, that is one nice find, and I hope to someday make a find just as nice. Congratulations my man, you scored da big one :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread