Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beaches in Florida are renourished so much that is is very seldom that we get down to where the older coins are. But after the storms a couple weeks ago, we had about a 4 ft. cut on the beach with lots of rocks showing, which really got me excited. This is 3 days of detecting for only about 3 hours each day.
IMG_9589.JPG Day One
IMG_9598.JPG Day Two
IMG_9596.JPG The Silvers before cleanup My first Standing Liberty from the beach
IMG_9600.JPG The Silvers after the cleanup. I had more than I realized
IMG_9594.JPG IMG_9595.JPG This last one, from day three, I need some help on. I think it is a hat emblem? Military? It reads DRI with an eagle on top.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am on the west coast
Nice finds! I was on the west coast of a Florida Bradenton and Panama City beach during week of 02-05-17 thru 02-10-17 and had no luck as the beaches seemed clean and sanded in. Was this on the east coast of a Florida?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I figured those storms would rustle up some goodies on the beaches....but to pull led silver?...and an SLQ....that's just sick!
I got an old lady neighbor who lost her class ring on Ft Myers beach, like 1955.... I told her it was long gone, but now, I'm not so sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread