Enjoy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a GREAT video.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice first post and video! Tell us a bit about yourself.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard !:icon_thumright:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What is that box you have mounted on your Excalibur? It looks like a mirror. Also, what was in that bag on the bottom that you can see in your last segment?

OP
OP
Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Israel
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus XP, Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AgentMulder. Welcome to T-Net! I've been following your vids for some time. I'm currently in Tel Aviv working the dry sand. Lovely finds you pulled while underwater! That gold coin is AWESOME!

Skippy

Thank you! wow really, and how its going? I wanted to go Tel Aviv but north does not let me
Good luck!

OP
OP
Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Israel
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What is that box you have mounted on your Excalibur? It looks like a mirror. Also, what was in that bag on the bottom that you can see in your last segment?
thank you! Its torch and I put mirror to check if go pro filming.
I didnt check:dontknow:
I saw a lot of like that full of sand, but now I'm curious!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You put 3 things together that I love - swimming, metal detecting and finding gold. After watching the video, I realized there where places nearby where I could do the same...thanks for the inspiration.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Welcome Agent Mulder !

I will be taking my family to Israel this spring and will bring the Xcal to hunt the Dead Sea at the resort we will stop at.
Do you think the high salinity will be an issue? My friend who has been there said " you could not pay me to put my face in that water "
Any advice on hunting in Israel ?

Thanks for the exciting video,

Tek

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Thanks Skippy for all the detail.
Can the Dead Sea bottom be sifted with a sand scoop or do you need to dig into hard material?
I get the impression a mask and snorkel may not work here.
Is the Ein Gedi waterfall considered an historic site?
What was your experience getting gear in and out of the country?
Anywhere to hunt near Haifa or Tiberias?

Best Regards,

Tek

Last edited:
OP
OP
Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Israel
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You put 3 things together that I love - swimming, metal detecting and finding gold. After watching the video, I realized there where places nearby where I could do the same...thanks for the inspiration.
My pleasure :) its very effective combo, hardly to find something emotional similar ;)

OP
OP
Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Israel
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Agent Mulder !

I will be taking my family to Israel this spring and will bring the Xcal to hunt the Dead Sea at the resort we will stop at.
Do you think the high salinity will be an issue? My friend who has been there said " you could not pay me to put my face in that water "
Any advice on hunting in Israel ?

Thanks for the exciting video,

Tek

Thank you. You are welcome!
The Dead Sea its a really dead one) there is no sand only crust and its really hard to dig it, and I cant stay more than 20 minutes.
another problem that they move the beach each 6 month because of drought. relax and enjoy) take a historical tour!

OP
OP
Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Israel
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually been ok. I posted about my trip here:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...-future-advice-folks-looking.html#post5305919

I'm finding about 35 shekels an hour in the dry sand, along with the occasional foreign coin or old Israeli coin. Last night I pulled an old Israeli phone token. Took me a while to figure out what it was, as it has a hole in it (by design), and a flat cut on the obverse. Only one silver ring on the beach so far, but still hoping for more goodies.

I'm still debating whether or not to go out tonight (i'm getting a bit tired of it, without any big finds... my expectations are too high, LOL), but I'll probably head out again anyway... I just can't help myself.

The Tel Aviv waters are very shallow out into the protected areas, and the sand appears to be moving in right now. My AT Pro couldn't really detecting anything in it. I spent close to an hour last night wandering around in the water, and never pulled a single signal. Went back to the dry sand, and found a couple of bracelets (junk) and more change. I love watching your hunts, as they're very inspiring. I keep thinking, "I'll find that gold, like AgentMulderSearch!"

You might do better in the water with your Excal here, I've never seen a single detectorist in the water. I do see them on the beach occasionally, though.

Cheers!

Skippy

Thank you for your information! I understand you, I know that feeling) sometimes I could search for months without gold but then I remember how it was in video so I'm continue;) Tel Aviv really specific and I know some guys that patrolling water 2 times a week at night. And it depends on luck) Try to search near guards tower because in summer most of time you can swim in 50x50 meters area near tower because of flow.
good luck)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread