Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hit the beach first thing this morning and expected to work low tide. Fate had other plans. As soon as I hit the beach I fired-up the Excal and proceeded to the water. I didn't get very far. Got a nice clean signal first off and pulled a small diamond ring (?) from the sand 15 feet from the entrance. As a rule, I don't spend much time examining nice finds and would rather quickly tuck them away and examine later. Man, this is going to be a good day I thought and proceeded to hunt for the ring's sister. BANG, another sweet hit and another ring! And I just started my 3 hr hunt. Continued to grid the area for any other sisters or brothers, but there were none. Decided to forgo the low tide and hunt the blanket line and people paths. Found 29 coins but no more jewelry.

20170301_115452.jpg
20170301_115426.jpg

The rings were apparently together when the poor soul who lost them left the beach. She forgot she had tucked them in a towel or blanket when she earlier visited the water. As she left, the rings dropped-out about 3 ft from each other. [I wake-up from my daydream] The beach is a popular beach, for metal detectorists, so I figure the drops were from the day before given it was early morning.

The gold and diamond ring turned-out to be custom jewelry, unmarked. I really like the small size of the "diamond" as it gives it an appearance of authenticity. The blue and red stone "By-pass" ring marked Taylor. G and Kevin. G and "Always & Forever" is sterling (925). Number 8 sterling for me for the year.

I found it interesting that in the past week, on two separate occasions, I found a really nice sterling ring with stones as soon as I hit the beach. Each made my day. I also believe it goes to the value of hunting people paths on the beach; the more footprints the better.

Upvote 0

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking Taylor and Kevin won't be together much longer,mince Kevin finds out what Taylor lost? Hahahaha......

Nice finds for you though.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector