Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170221_103103.jpg 20170221_103050.jpg

Just applying my knowledge from gold prospecting to coin and jewelry hunting. Don't forget to check your bedrock if your beach is lucky enough to have some that get exposed during the winter storms. Or even just gets submerged during high tides/swells. Cracks in the bedrock are where heavies drop out of the flow and get trapped for future knowledgeable prospectors armed with crevicing tools and detectors to sniff them out.

These were some of the easier signals that were uncovered with minimal removal of overburden. Some signals were strong, other were just whispers because the coins are on edge. A few signals I could not recover because I didn't bring proper tools to clean out deep enough into the crevice as I wasn't expecting to be detecting bedrock. I improvised with sticks found at the scene.

All in all I recovered about $5.00 in clad, mostly quarters from the various cracks in and around the bedrock as well as nails/bolts/screws. No gold this time. But hopefully with some cracks opened up for new deposits something else will fall in next time the sands shift.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread