Hardcase for Excal

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For daily use: the cases I have used and only for a short time were all a PITA. Went back to using the car or van that I was driving.
For air travel: a hard side suitcase with towels wrapped around the detectors and scoop. I like to carry-on the detectors and check a bag with the shaft and scoop. TSA has a problem with the shafts in carry-on baggage. I have also used a Zero aluminum brief case and a plastic magazine case and a backpack that were just not big enough. have to go into your checked baggage carry-on so I have now have settled on a wheeled hardside. The Plugger shaft will break down and fit nicely in a 21" (max size for a carry-on) hardside. The only problem I have had with TSA was one inspector wanted to see the battery pack. He and made me connect it to the detector then turn the detector on. He also asked the type of cells in the battery pack as he could not see them in the opaque SunRay pod I was carrying.

If you are flying: read the current TSA regulations on carrying not only batteries but other electronics aboard an aircraft, follow the regulationa and have information ready to answer any questions. Nothing could ruin a vacation faster than to have your battery pack or shaft taken at TSA screening. The inspectors know our type if detecting equipment, and they do follow the regulations.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the great advice again WaterWalker.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard sided golf cases work for me. I have one that holds 2 excals with 15 inch coils and my long handle stealth scoop after I remove the basket the basket and handle fit in case for traveling.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG
a 28 inch tool box works for most detectors under $30 at hd or lowes

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback Civ!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Plugger travel shaft excal fits in carry on luggage. I don't feel a need for a hard case since I would prefer not to have it in checked luggage which is more prone to theft.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I used the golf bag case for years until the airline started charging $75 each way for oversize baggage.
I bought a travel scoop that fit my luggage for less than the airline was going to charge for my one trip.
It was a great way to travel on airlines...everything for metal detecting, including bathing suit, waders, booties spare parts ... everything fit and I could put two locks on it, not so today.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Bow case or guitar cases both work great.

Here is the exact case I use. A plano case I got at dicks on sale for $49:

case all smaller.jpg

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Hey adamBomb,
What model ir size is that Plano case?

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Hey AdamBomb,
Have you ever traveled out of the country with that case? If so did you have any issues with it and or missing items when you arrive to or home from your destination? I ask cause I'll be traveling to Mexico soon.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Either use TSA locks or plastic cable ties to "lock" any case you use.
If it gets opened you will know when you pick it up at baggage claim.
TSA leaves a note in every bag they open to inspect. I have had mine opened several times.
Nothing has ever been ever missing.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey adamBomb,
What model ir size is that Plano case?

From the Amazon web site:

Parallel Limb hard bow case. No two hunters are exactly alike and neither are their bows. Plano's new 1144 Parallel Limb Bow Case is fully customizable, allowing archers to securely transfer and protect their bow no matter the make, model or set up. The case is constructed with an industrial-strength exterior and features generous dimensions, moveable tie-downs and an adjustable PillarLock system that can be customized for every bow configuration.114400 PARALLEL LIMB BOW CASE+ Pluck Foam for Pillar Placement+ Adjustable PillarLock System+ 1309 Utility Box Included+ Packed 1/Carton+ Exterior 43" x 19" x 7.5"+ Interior 41" x 17" x 7".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread