Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was metal detecting a SW Florida beach in about 4 ft of water when a young, distressed man approached me with his wallet, keys and cigarettes in his hands. He came out into the water to tell me that he had just lost his wedding ring "right over there", pointing towards the pier. Apparently, he was looking over the railing and playing with his wedding ring when he suddenly dropped it into the water, 20 ft below. Eager to help, I worked my way over there; which was right below his young beautiful wife who was standing on the pier, peering down at me. I started to search the area and almost immediately got a good hit and after 3 scoops (which actually surprised me given it was on the surface) recovered what looked like a large white gold band with diamonds. I asked the kid, who was standing 10 ft away in sallower water, if the ring had diamonds and he said "YES" and I told him I had found the ring. However, as soon as he saw it he said that it wasn't his ring. I stuck the ring in my pouch and went back to searching. No more than 30 seconds later I got another good hit and with one scoop recovered a yellow gold ring with 3 small rows of diamonds. PRESTO! The kid was so happy he hugged me. He asked how much he owed me and I said I was just happy to recover it for them. I haven't seem someone so happy in a long time. His wife, in the mean time, had attracted a crowd and I could she her jumping up and down as he yelled to her that he couldn't believe I found the ring. Some time later, I looked up at the pier and there they were looking down at me working the surf and they both smiled and he gave a thumbs-up! Now that really made my day.
P.S., The large white wedding ring (pic below) turned-out to be junk. Most of the stones were also gone and the ring had been in the water for some time - explains why it took 3 scoops to recover.
20170327_180816.jpg

Mako77

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 XP Deus ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on the recovery!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returns are the favorite part of the hobby for me...I found a 6 gram 14k gold cross while looking for a womans ear ring in waist deep water...congrats on the return.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Nice Recovery and Return! Maybe I'll see you next week at the Naples pier.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Nice work Brother!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super recovery! :occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story too! Something you'll never forget.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Nice Recovery and Return! Maybe I'll see you next week at the Naples pier.

Hey, Thanks for the thought although you're a few 100 miles south, but if I wonder down there I'll drop ya a line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread