ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In warm water, I wear closed toe Keen sandals. That scoop is hard on toes otherwise. I haven't tried them over my wetsuit gear, but I think your system would work nicely for me.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Short shag carpeting or miners moss cut and Shoe-Goo(ed) to the bottom of a pair of dedicated boots works good on the slimy river rocks.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear jet ski boots, they have a very good hard soul.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the hard soled dive boots that zipper up the side that work perfect. You can walk all over the place with them like tennis shoes.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the hard soled dive boots that zipper up the side that work perfect. You can walk all over the place with them like tennis shoes.

I have tried keen shoes and dive boots with the zipper. No matter what I get sand in the boot and also find it hard to open the zipper once I am done detecting. I'm still looking for something that keeps the sand out. I also tried dive socks with the boot but still get sand.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:

Ditto. I buy all my diving gear (for MDing the water) at LeisurePro where ya can get thick sole diving boots for 40-60% off. They work fine w my Stealth water scoop and last a few years. For dry sand work in Florida I buy white Shrimper boots (a lot of people on the beach ask where I get them) at Walmart for about $20 a pair. Work great in the sand and low water areas.

OP
OP
S

sborowko

Greenie
Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried keen shoes and dive boots with the zipper. No matter what I get sand in the boot and also find it hard to open the zipper once I am done detecting. I'm still looking for something that keeps the sand out. I also tried dive socks with the boot but still get sand.

I saw a YouTube video where someone made seals to go over the gap where the boots and wetsuit overlap. They took disposable nitrile gloves, cut off the bottom sections, and ended up with stretchy tubes that could be pulled up and positioned over the gap to keep the sand out.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ditto. I buy all my diving gear (for MDing the water) at LeisurePro where ya can get thick sole diving boots for 40-60% off. They work fine w my Stealth water scoop and last a few years. For dry sand work in Florida I buy white Shrimper boots (a lot of people on the beach ask where I get them) at Walmart for about $20 a pair. Work great in the sand and low water areas.

Same here. I bought my Mares from LeisurePro.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LeisurePro was out of my size.......went to Scuba.com.....same price and free shipping.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Bare" booties were the best I ever bought. I liked that they would stay up, while you could run the zipper up and down to clear the sand in the beach shower. The bottom of one wore out (after about 4-5 yrs), I still got them, will need to repair that one, though.

I now got the Evo brand, it's difficult to work the zipper, they won't stay up good and you have to use 2 hands to hold the bootie and the other hand to zipper, pita.
Gotta try that glove tubey trick...... thanks for that, and good luck.

Here's a pic of the Bare booties, not sure if the link will work, I just bought them, lol.
Last pair and they were my size, priced decent, too. $24.00 bucks.

Bare 7mm Water Sport Boot Sz 6 XS Scuba Diving Snorkeling Booties Wetsuit | eBay

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard Sole Mares dive boots. Using the scoop wears on regular dive boots....... and there are things you dont want to step on.... creatures as well.

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
I found recently that spraying the zipper right before taking it off with some wd-40 really does the trick. It's made that maddening moment of "oh crap I gotta keep this boogie on till I get home!?!?!" Happen a whole lot less

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I have used a knee or elbow compression sleeve over the top of the bootie and the exposed section of skin above the bootie. I found some at a flea market for a dollar a pair and only have one pair left. Forgot to looks for some when I was in Florida's largest flea market last week. For my short top slip on "booties" I wear a pair of heavy socks to buffer my foot from the sand that gets in-between the foot and boot.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wore those flimsy Evo's out yesterday, stepped in the water once, water was rough, started raining, stayed on the sand.
Got em off later dry ok, but even back home when washing them in the 5-gal bucket, pita, gotta use 2 hands, hold zipper up, hold zipper down, hold zipper lather rinse repeat. I'll never buy another pair of those! >:(
I look for things that make life easier, not more difficult, time consuming, and complicated..... :BangHead:

Yeah, that can a wd40 I keep in my back bikini pocket, when beach and water hunting...... :laughing7:
Imma gonna stick with the beach shower..... thanks. Maybe in Miami, where they rob you with knives, lol,
can of wd and a lighter....... wha-whooooossssshhhhhh. :evil6:

Them Bare boots, thick soled, one hand can run that zipper up and down all day, easy bucket cleaning,
I like em! I don't care what anybody says...... ;D

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What if you just put vaseline over the zipper before you go out? I haven't tried this, just thought of it now and am curious. What about hot glue? Then you could just peel it off when you're done?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread