Best Swimming Spot in Every State (PHOTOS)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put up that spot and others in the past and got flack from members for giving away spots of theirs
catch 22

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put up that spot and others in the past and got flack from members for giving away spots of theirs
catch 22

lol they'll get over it :coffee2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but I wont

Hey. The way I look at it ...
this is a Forum for Sharing.

If someone wants to Pretend they are a Pirate :skullflag:
Act Greedy... and stay on the Outside ....
More Power to them
sleepy2.gif

I'm going to Pretend I'm on the Best Damn Treasure Hunting site in the World
where if you want to Learn & Share and be a Part ...

.. Rock On
:weee:

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is supposedly New York's best swimming spot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-185446.png
    Screenshot_20170419-185446.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 88

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at every one and saw no draft beer taps- bah humbug

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One thing I notice in many of the photos, not only here but on other beach and resort photo spots as well: is the lack of or the non-existence of swimmers!

Where have all the swimmers gone? I remember back some 50 years ago, everyone was in the water, not just sun bathing. A lot I believe is the many restrictions such as no alcohol, smoking, ball playing, the increase water testing and posting of results, disposable diapers, inside A/C, computers, water-parks, and the list goes on. If we could only take a trip back in time and take the equipment we have today with us...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
No. Your wrong. It's about sharing and posting whatever...but not spots. It's also a place to politely disagree with people. I'd never post anything like a spot online...unless I wanted to give some ones spot away on them. Or be another verb that isn't forum friendly.

In the end the treads come and go.
But when less known spots get hit by people that saw it online and proceede to ruin it for all...

Hey. The way I look at it ...
this is a Forum for Sharing.

If someone wants to Pretend they are a Pirate :skullflag:
Act Greedy... and stay on the Outside ....
More Power to them
sleepy2.gif

I'm going to Pretend I'm on the Best Damn Treasure Hunting site in the World
where if you want to Learn & Share and be a Part ...

.. Rock On
:weee:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the popular ones....notice that clothes are limited so they don't have many pockets to store things to drop....Go to the backwoods ones to find the skinny dipping holes then on the beaches will be what they leave behind. I know when I take the family out we leave the house in swimsuits so not much extra taken. Therefore try the spontaneous swimming holes.....

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm glad it got my State wrong........ it actually gave one of the worst places for swimming.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I posted this with delight, I thought I was doing a good thing.

I've actually tried to edit and delete the link I posted. But that window has already passed.

Because I'm feeling the repercussions our friend Casper discussed.

Best intentions sometimes stink with the results. What happened to "celebrating" the hobby and inspiring others?

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Thanks to those who hunt these places for letting everyone know they are GREAT places to hunt and they find tons of gold...... Your sure couldn't tell it from the photos. They look like any other swimming holes and in most cases a lot less. Any local who would have access to any of the swimming holes already knows about them. For us who don't travel to every state in the US, it is interesting to see where the locals hang out in other states. I can't imaging you gave any secrets away. I personally appreciate the link, although I will likely never hunt at any of those places, since I generally hunt only in the places convenient to where I live. Happy Hunting to all whether you hunt these places or not.

metalghost04

Jan 25, 2015
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Current: Etrac, Omega 8500, Garrett AT PP
Past: Fisher F2, Garrett ATP, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let them research and post all these spots. I've been visiting lots of these spots certain members post and still find some great stuff. They're just ruining the spots for themselves cuz I clean those suckers out!

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let them research and post all these spots. I've been visiting lots of these spots certain members post and still find some great stuff. They're just ruining the spots for themselves cuz I clean those suckers out!
I agree went to one yesterday found a Ctx speaker guess someone got there first also found a nice bracelet

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
catch 22
Everybody knows about my spots, they just don't know I go there.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

No wonder Casper and I could find no treasures a few weeks ago! :laughing7:

With the internet it's not hard to find most spots, what really sets aside the best is the one's who get out and do the leg work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread